General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orange County Choppers Headquarters Facing Foreclosure

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 09:00 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
Ya know.....if you close your eyes and listen to that vid.......lol

Old 12-07-2010, 09:01 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
Paul Sr. should build a Chapter 11 Reorganization theme bike!

Old 12-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Royal271
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
Paul Sr. should build a Chapter 11 Reorganization theme bike!
Now that's funny!

Old 12-07-2010, 09:05 AM
munchdeluxe
Intermediate

I wouldnt blame the company's failure on his lazy offspring because Seniors kids really are worthless. Its been that way since day 1. Whenever I watch the show "mikey" is always shown as being clumsy,lazy,and the shop clown. Paul Jr. is a worthless piece of crap that cant accomplish anything without the assistance of Vinny. He's constantly asking Vinny "Did I do this right?" or "What do you think about this idea?". He is so naive to building motorcycles i think hes just taking up space in the shop. In my opinion that company really depends on all the other guys behind the scenes.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Old Sorrel
Road Captain

Originally Posted by karlmdog
............If you borrow a dollar, you owe a dollar.........
Plus interest! If you borrow $1.00 at 12% interest, you owe a $1.12.

As for OCC, he got too big for his britches too fast. He should have kept it simple and stayed true to his roots. That big gaudy showroom is unnecessary. What, did he think he was going to be a TV personality forever?
And junior is a spoiled brat, but I wouldn't be able to take being yelled at by my dad all the time either. Of course, I would be at work on time though. Mikey is an idiot who was only there for the comic relief. If I had an opportunity like that to build custom bikes, I wouldn't be acting a fool around the shop, I'd be helping to build bikes and learning all I could. What a waste. The only smart son, is the one we don't see on TV. The real talent is Rick and Vinnie, and maybe that autoCAD guy. Rick and Vinnie should have their own show building real bikes for real bikers without all of the drama.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:17 AM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Y'all are missing the point, IMHO...

Bankruptcy is a tool to be used as a part of the company's growth strategy, "Business as usual". The family is not what the show is about. They just bring in viewers. The show is the business, the bikes they build are just advertisement for the companies that 'have bikes built for them'.

I've never been to OCC headquarters, but I've heard they still have all the bikes they built in the showroom. If that is true, how could the OCC company have made any money other than what was paid out by TLC and Discovery channels? Like any daytime soap opera, night time soaps endure by creating shows which will get the audience to tune in next week. TLC and Discovery channel must have made some profit with the advertising scheme, or the show would have been canceled long ago...

Old 12-07-2010, 09:42 AM
wraplock
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[quote=TalldogsFatBob;7625985]
Originally Posted by wraplock

Junior and Mikey both would have been nobody's without their dad providing the opportunity he did for them. And the sad thing is, they both threw it away. Like I said, lazy spoiled brats, if you can't see that, well, I guess that says a lot about you.

Yeah your right...I guess Jr's the reason the steel business is in bankruptcy court as well huh?

Old 12-07-2010, 09:46 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Spoiled children are a product of their parents...just sayin'

Old 12-07-2010, 09:47 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by CroK
Y'all are missing the point, IMHO...

Bankruptcy is a tool to be used as a part of the company's growth strategy, "Business as usual". The family is not what the show is about. They just bring in viewers. The show is the business, the bikes they build are just advertisement for the companies that 'have bikes built for them'.

I've never been to OCC headquarters, but I've heard they still have all the bikes they built in the showroom. If that is true, how could the OCC company have made any money other than what was paid out by TLC and Discovery channels? Like any daytime soap opera, night time soaps endure by creating shows which will get the audience to tune in next week. TLC and Discovery channel must have made some profit with the advertising scheme, or the show would have been canceled long ago...
YUP, what he said.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:54 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't believe anyone really GAS!

Quick Reply: Orange County Choppers Headquarters Facing Foreclosure