General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orange County Choppers Headquarters Facing Foreclosure

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 02:11 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

fire!

Old 01-25-2011, 02:11 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member

heh..

Old 01-25-2011, 02:12 PM
LightBulb
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by "Dutch"
Hello pot, my name is kettle....

As you also stated, his first post was attacking 17 people...and he wants to be the world internet police for OCC.
Would be nice if you'd actually be able to produce some sort of evidence that I'd actually personally attacked anyone here...

Here's one more for ya Lightbulb....OCC employs approximatley 11 workers (as per Wiki, as nobody else cares about these yeah-hoos) to build bikes. There can not be many more to fill in the day to day orders for parts to build or for payroll...so let us say for safety sake they employ 20-30 people.

But you want to compare that General Electric is far greater evil than OCC....General Electric employs 316,000....that was taken from FORTUNE Global 500 stats on CNN News. If I am a bank or on the TARP board, I'd give GE money long before I'd give OCC 10 bucks.....it is a no brainer. What GE provides to people on a day to day bases, versus OCC and motorcycle with absolutely no function except its looks "cool" to some people.

Hell, even Harley Davidson is stopping production on the Rocker. Yeah, Harley Davidson most likely too took the government handout....but they see the FAD is gone and discontinued their version of the "shopper chopper", but they will always have a line focused at various needs or wants for the consumer; be it bagger, full tour, basic function, or comfortable but looks like a ridged.....and the Sportster line for people that still respect the history it brings to the company from it's racing days....
No one is disputing that it makes more sense to keep 300,000 employed over 30. But even if this point was relevant (which it isn't) that wasn't being debated. I would rather support GE over OCC also.

Harley is a participant in this debate for a few reasons, being a major bike company of course. No one was debating that Choppers became somewhat of a mainstream FAD. It happens in many industries, many times every year, not really a debated point either...

So not sure what this has to do with anything other than providing some already widely known information that isn't being argued...what is your point?

Old 01-25-2011, 02:19 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LightBulb
Why don't you just go on ahead and PROVE that I attacked anyone. Commenting that some is condescending is not an attempt to blatantly undermine another persons position. I am not going to get into a war of definitions with you, it be useless.

What does it matter that this thread houses both my first post here, and l my subsequent posts? That has no relevance to the discussion, not sure were you are trying to derail things too now...or rather again...
Right, so are you going to take my challenge and prove I personally attacked al l of those people, or are you going to continue shouting 'fire' in a closed room? Your argument against me was dead the moment it became your personal quest to best me for whatever reason.

Still I am not sure why you even had to take it there, then act completely oblivious to doing so...and claim I attacked people in the process.
Again, page 17; post 165...the damn thing is so long I believe if re-quoted it would remove your inserted quotes...inserted quotes, meaning you read the 16 previous pages multi-quoting knock people.....because each and everyone of the multi-quotes were in fact people who spoke negatively of OCC, no, the Trudtal family stick...so hang on let me attempt to throw it up here...(that specific thread)

But first about I being "condesending" about regurgitating Paul, Jr describe his two wheeled masterpiece to a CEO that just dropped 200K for the advertising. Please tell me I am wrong. Because I am not...you cocked off and now you do not want to pay the price.

That show is not shown just here in the United States or Western Hemisphere for that matter. It is syndicated in several Countries and you wonder why foreigners have a distain for Americans, and feel we are all complete idiots. Because they see people like Paul, Jr and Sr stand in front of a bike they spent weeks to build, I mean assemble. Yet, can not articulate what they built. All that shows is we just want your money, the time in front of the camera and could really care less as long as my mortagage is paid. A professional that cared about the product, their company, and it's future would in my mind work out a speech, rehearse it before presenting the final product in front of a Fortune 500 comapny and its employees on stage............but that is condesending....obviously you have never had to speak to an auditorium of people, or felt it was necessary to put your best foot forward.....but I am condesending...

Last edited by "Dutch"; 01-25-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:21 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior

[quote=LightBulb;7827750]Show bikes aren't ever practical, kind of like any concept vehicle is never practical to drive or use.

Not unlike a $50,000 Harley Davidson that some people think is overpriced and lame? (I for the record like Harley's). But many people would say the same of their bikes (or any other companies products).

[quote=wraplock;7625914]

You mean like the CEO's of Circuit City were better when they ran a multi-Billion dollar corporation into the ground? Or maybe when Citibank yanked everyone's chain for several hundred BILLION dollars? You mean THOSE CEO's were better?

A matter of opinion, nothing more. Carry on.

Not unlike when GE took your tax money for nothing, and doesn't have to worry much about paying any of it back...like that right?

Originally Posted by wraplock

But, the problem is that Boyd was a jerk in real life too. I know a number of people that knew Boyd also, he wasn't as well liked as you are leading people to believe. True bike builders and true hotrodders aren't people who get on TV. They build vehicles/bikes for themselves, and others see their bikes, like them, and want them to build more.

I thought the Geico bike was just about the most unique bike to come out of either shop, ever.

And I'd love to see you actually try and step in and fight Senior. Easy to say you'd fight someone over the internet. Another internet toughguy...good job.

There is a difference between a fully custom bike builder, and a shop like OCC. They are building within a required time frame. I'm sure if they had 3 years to build a chopper for any client (not that any would actually wait that long...would you?). It would come out to the same level as any other custom bike building shop.

Kind of like what Harley Davidson, Vulcan, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, etc etc...do?

Much worse. To see this all you have to do is drive around Detroit and other parts of Michigan and see the carcasses of bereft factories left after GM, Chrysler, and Ford vacated the area. There are many more billions in property left vacant because of those three companies than OCC could ever dream to get. Not to mention you all really think that GM, Ford, Microsoft, Harley Davidson, or any other multibillion dollar company doesn't press its lenders for better loan rates?

You obviously haven't ever worked in auto/bike shop before then...

I've had many technicians over the years and ALL are sloppy at one point or another. The management/ownership will ALWAYS have to clean up after the employees, ALWAYS.

Sure the public reveal was staged, but the reactions always weren't. And you really expect them to just get on a ride the bike? That isn't the point of the bike anyways...

Boy, you sure come off rather condescending. Why don't you put your anger somewhere that would be more productive for you?

A show bike, that wasn't meant to be ridden, breaking down, not surprising. It isn't out of the ordinary to have something like that happen. I've seen multi-million dollar prototypes that didn't start, or had some other catastrophic failure. I mean my laptop isn't meant to be thrown on the ground and work afterwords...

Not fantasy though, I know people that lost quite a bit of money in that exact scenario. The only fantasy is not believing that actually happened.

Right, and terrible father for providing to ALL of his kids a wonderful start in life, and a multimillion dollar upbringing, damn him as a father! Rather you shouldn't be making these inane judgment calls without a sufficient amount of information. Even then, Senior STILL provided quite a bit for them.

Right, you see the show, you don't see that little problems can be fixed later. In fact in that show, they said they go back and redo the battery box. But when you work within a certain time frame, you have to stick to that contract, or risk the entire company, and entire TV Show Franchise. Which would you be choosing?
here you go....you see it was so damn long and multi-quoted you lose the entire context of the post. So please go back and read your attacks...

Old 01-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Duke02
Cruiser

I like hominy. Good stuff with butter, salt and pepper.

Love the back patch!!!!

Okay, now back to the

Old 01-25-2011, 02:26 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member

Here's an avatar Bulb.

Last edited by xFreebirdx; 01-25-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Old Sorrel
Road Captain

This thread in summery:

Mr Barnard: WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Man: Well, I was told outside that...
Mr Barnard: Don't give me that, you snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings!
Man: What?
Mr Barnard: Shut your festering gob, you tit! Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, coffee-nosed, malodorous, pervert!!!
Man: Look, I CAME HERE FOR AN ARGUMENT, I'm not going to just stand...!!
Mr Barnard: OH, oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse.
Man: Oh, I see, well, that explains it.
Mr Barnard: Ah yes, you want room 12A, Just along the corridor.
Man: Oh, Thank you very much. Sorry.
Mr Barnard: Not at all.
Man: Thank You. (Under his breath) Stupid git!!
(Walk down the corridor)
Man: (Knock)
Mr Vibrating: Come in.
Man: Ah, Is this the right room for an argument?
Mr Vibrating: I told you once.
Man: No you haven't.
Mr Vibrating: Yes I have.
Man: When?
Mr Vibrating: Just now.
Man: No you didn't.
Mr Vibrating: Yes I did.
Man: You didn't
Mr Vibrating: I did!
Man: You didn't!
Mr Vibrating: I'm telling you I did!
Man: You did not!!
Mr Vibrating: Oh, I'm sorry, just one moment. Is this a five minute argument or the full half hour?
Man: Oh, just the five minutes.
Mr Vibrating: Ah, thank you. Anyway, I did.
Man: You most certainly did not.
Mr Vibrating: Look, let's get this thing clear; I quite definitely told you.
Man: No you did not.
Man: You didn't.
Mr Vibrating: Did.
Man: Oh look, this isn't an argument.
Mr Vibrating: Yes it is.
Man: No it isn't. It's just contradiction.
Mr Vibrating: No it isn't.
Man: It is!
Mr Vibrating: It is not.
Man: Look, you just contradicted me.
Mr Vibrating: I did not.
Man: Oh you did!!
Mr Vibrating: No, no, no.
Man: You did just then.
Mr Vibrating: Nonsense!
Man: Oh, this is futile!
Man: I came here for a good argument.
Mr Vibrating: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
Man: An argument isn't just contradiction.
Mr Vibrating: It can be.
Man: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
Man: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
Mr Vibrating: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
Man: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
Mr Vibrating: Yes it is!
Man: No it isn't!
Man: Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.
(short pause)
Man: It is.
Mr Vibrating: Not at all.
Man: Now look.
Mr Vibrating: (Rings bell) Good Morning.
Man: What?
Mr Vibrating: That's it. Good morning.
Man: I was just getting interested.
Mr Vibrating: Sorry, the five minutes is up.
Man: That was never five minutes!
Mr Vibrating: I'm afraid it was.
Man: It wasn't.
(Pause)
Mr Vibrating: I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue anymore.
Man: What?!
Mr Vibrating: If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.
Man: Yes, but that was never five minutes, just now. Oh come on!
Mr Vibrating: (Hums)
Man: Look, this is ridiculous.
Mr Vibrating: I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid!
Man: Oh, all right.
(pays money)
Mr Vibrating: Thank you. (short pause)
Man: Well?
Mr Vibrating: Well what?
Man: That wasn't really five minutes, just now.
Mr Vibrating: I told you, I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid.
Man: I just paid!
Mr Vibrating: No you didn't.
Man: I DID!
Mr Vibrating: No you didn't.
Man: Look, I don't want to argue about that.
Mr Vibrating: Well, you didn't pay.
Man: Aha. If I didn't pay, why are you arguing? I Got you!
Mr Vibrating: No you haven't.
Man: Yes I have. If you're arguing, I must have paid.
Mr Vibrating: Not necessarily. I could be arguing in my spare time.
Man: Oh I've had enough of this.
Mr Vibrating: No you haven't.
Man: Oh Shut up.

This is all I could think about when reading this thread.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:33 PM
SgtSkiddz
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ladies and Gentlemen, We have Camera_boys replacement.

For your entertainment we proudly present to you LightBulb

Old 01-25-2011, 02:34 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior

Would be nice if you'd actually be able to produce some sort of evidence that I'd actually personally attacked anyone here...

No one is disputing that it makes more sense to keep 300,000 employed over 30. But even if this point was relevant (which it isn't) that wasn't being debated. I would rather support GE over OCC also.

Harley is a participant in this debate for a few reasons, being a major bike company of course. No one was debating that Choppers became somewhat of a mainstream FAD. It happens in many industries, many times every year, not really a debated point either...

So not sure what this has to do with anything other than providing some already widely known information that isn't being argued...what is your point?

Just keep back peddling......right out of the forum. You have no idea what the hell you've been talking about....and it shows....I read each and every post you made before coming at you......you are only here to defend your employer (OCC) and old man Turdtal...

So go get the old man and have him answer the questions....not that I am done beating on you, I want a piece of him....the "master fabracator"....the "brains behind the bikes".......not Rick...because he is OCC, but the honcho...the sleeveless, fu manchu, 70's relic his is...I want him....I want him to scream in my face...I am not his kids....

Quick Reply: Orange County Choppers Headquarters Facing Foreclosure