General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orange County Choppers Headquarters Facing Foreclosure

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 03:16 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

They used to exhibit at the annual bike show in NYC. Didn't see them this year.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:21 PM
daltrey
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bet Paulie used to break those little toys where you had to insert the round peg into the round hole. Damn man if it don't fit then stop beating the hell outta it with your hammer. There are lots of talented bike builders out there to support.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:34 PM
softailman1227
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red devil
I wish OCC would just go away already! Sooner or later it's going to happen and I'm thinking it's goin to be sooner.
I couldn't agree more. It would be nice if they could get rid of those douche bags and get someone on tv that builds more bitchin' practical bikes. I don't know if there is still a market for it, but I was a huge fan of the biker buildoffs.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:30 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,052 Likes on 17,933 Posts

I can't believe this thread is still around and anybody actually gives two ***** about those jokers in the first place , damn people .

Old 01-24-2011, 10:44 PM
LightBulb
Novice

Originally Posted by DMorr99
That show is gay anyway. Same **** every week. Those bikes they build look nice but they are not practical. My guess is that OCC will just be the next casualty of the bubble economy.
Show bikes aren't ever practical, kind of like any concept vehicle is never practical to drive or use.

Originally Posted by TitoFTW
OCC is lame. Their bikes are lame (not to mention WAAAAY overpriced) and the show is lame. I can't believe those douchebags are still on tv. Who still watches that crap?
Not unlike a $50,000 Harley Davidson that some people think is overpriced and lame? (I for the record like Harley's). But many people would say the same of their bikes (or any other companies products).

[quote=wraplock;7625914]
Originally Posted by TalldogsFatBob
I like Paul Sr., can't stand his spoiled brat kids though. I think it sucks that Senior built that business up from nothing, and apparently it's now in trouble, mostly due to his lazy offspring.

Yeah..... Right! According to Sr. his kids did NOTHING to build his company. It was only through his efforts. I watched an episode last night and Sr. didn't know a wrench from a ratchet. Said he wouldn't go see a bike Jr. built cause "He didn't build it Vinny did". Name one bike this *** has ever built without the labor of his son, Vinny, or any of the other OCC staff. None of them could set the timming on a Shovel head if their lives (or business) depended on it.

I've been to the OCC HQ a dozen times and just couldn't see how he thought he could pay for the building on "T" shirt sales!! BTW I don't own anything with their logo on it.

He is the worst CEO of any company I have ever seen. What a dope! Sr. was the money...Jr. was the talent...Mikie was the court jester. Remove any one component and this was doomed to fail. I'm surprised it lasted this long. And if GE lent them that kind of money in the wake of this business plan well their loan officer needs to clean out his desk also. I see another bailout coming...
You mean like the CEO's of Circuit City were better when they ran a multi-Billion dollar corporation into the ground? Or maybe when Citibank yanked everyone's chain for several hundred BILLION dollars? You mean THOSE CEO's were better?

Originally Posted by bjewell
Ugly bikes by ugly -- really ugly -- dorks with ugly ways...
A matter of opinion, nothing more. Carry on.

Originally Posted by leicafish
To me that is Ghetto, The guy made millions on the show and now is going to stiff the agency that lent them the money. They borrowed 12.5 million pay it back, not renegotiate to 7 million.

Just scum and the public will pay for this crap. That was the whole credit problem to begin with lending money to people that are scum.
Not unlike when GE took your tax money for nothing, and doesn't have to worry much about paying any of it back...like that right?

[quote=wraplock;7626520]
Originally Posted by TalldogsFatBob

I believe that most.... if not all of those "fights" were choreographed for the entertainment of the viewers. To build bikes for TV they had to look like what TV's perception of A Biker was. You know what that is...it's portrayed in every "B" grade biker move ever made! I watched in horror when Boyd Coddington's show came out with Boyd screaming at all his employees emulating Paul Sr. Seems they had a success formula and they didn't want him to deviate from it. That persona did more harm to Boyd's business than I think he ever knew. Most of the guys I know... encluding myself that are into hotrods lost a lot of respect for Boyd (not his cars) after that show came out. It made him look like a tyrant who sat up in his ivory tower looking down on all the little workers who made him a multi-million dollar organization. Before his untimely death toppled that empire most of his key employees left him.
But, the problem is that Boyd was a jerk in real life too. I know a number of people that knew Boyd also, he wasn't as well liked as you are leading people to believe. True bike builders and true hotrodders aren't people who get on TV. They build vehicles/bikes for themselves, and others see their bikes, like them, and want them to build more.

I saw the last five minutes of one recent show while channel surfing -- the GEICO biker built by Junior was the dumbest looking thing I ever saw.

But -- hey kids, this stuff is like pro wrasslin', it's all fixed. Don't lose any sleep over it and if Paul Sr ever jumped the line in front of me at McDonald's (see thread from a month ago), I'd knock him on his flabby ***...
I thought the Geico bike was just about the most unique bike to come out of either shop, ever.

And I'd love to see you actually try and step in and fight Senior. Easy to say you'd fight someone over the internet. Another internet toughguy...good job.

Originally Posted by JohnJohnson
seems to me that the whole Jr vs Sr thing has about as much drama as a group of 13 yr old girls.. I'm not impressed, they've whored themselves out for TV ratings, what loosers!

as far as their bikes, shoot, I could do it.. buy an engine, buy a frame, think of a theme, build it send it out to be painted by someone else, what the hell.. I can buy the parts to build a bike, does that make me a custom builder? hell now, the custom builder would BUILD not assemble, he would fabricate, and I don't see much of that going on, just prebuilt parts being assembled. Shoot, I can teach a monkey (or even my little brother who don't know what a wrench is) how to do that! Sorry, the themes have been cool but I haven't been really impressed.

btw, I bought a set of OCC safety glasses for work, not impressed either, they fell apart within 30 days, don't waste your money. I'm sure they didn't build them, but they put their name on junk and that's as bad...
There is a difference between a fully custom bike builder, and a shop like OCC. They are building within a required time frame. I'm sure if they had 3 years to build a chopper for any client (not that any would actually wait that long...would you?). It would come out to the same level as any other custom bike building shop.

Originally Posted by #1rocketman
Geezeee,why are you guys bashing these icons? Takes alot of ***** to order all those frames,all those parts,pay all those painters,get that great big rubber,argue all day long on how to put the parts on and in what order,then......to sell them for $50 grand!
Kind of like what Harley Davidson, Vulcan, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, etc etc...do?

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Not anymore...GM, Chrysler, Harley Davidson and the UAW all do the same or worse.
Much worse. To see this all you have to do is drive around Detroit and other parts of Michigan and see the carcasses of bereft factories left after GM, Chrysler, and Ford vacated the area. There are many more billions in property left vacant because of those three companies than OCC could ever dream to get. Not to mention you all really think that GM, Ford, Microsoft, Harley Davidson, or any other multibillion dollar company doesn't press its lenders for better loan rates?

Originally Posted by Tactical111
Now THAT sh*t is funny. Maybe they could have the painter emboss "seized property" stickers into the tank!? HA! LMAO here.

BTW my favorite part of the show was when Paulie and Vinnie would be working their ***** off on a $150k theme bike and the old man would wander out of the office, see some pop cans on the bench and start screaming at them to clean up the shop. I always figured it had to be staged as NO ONE could be such a BIG DUMB *sshole as that guy.
You obviously haven't ever worked in auto/bike shop before then...

I've had many technicians over the years and ALL are sloppy at one point or another. The management/ownership will ALWAYS have to clean up after the employees, ALWAYS.

Originally Posted by warrconn
I pretty much quit watching when they were wrecking new trucks for laffs. "Hey Pop, I ripped your bumper off..HAW HAW". Then a couple of years later, I tuned in and was really suprised by their palatial new HQ. WTF? But I did get a laugh at the CEOs of companies that were dumb enough to pay 150K for bikes during the "unveil" (BTW, shouldn't be "unveiling?)...anyway, they always had their employees out their snapping pics, while none of them, CEOs included, really had any idea what they were looking at. They'd sit on it, but never ride it. I always wondered how many of those employees thought "I can't get a raise, but...."

As far as Mikey, he wouldn't last 2 days at Mcdonald's. He's the luckiest bastard since Ringo.
Sure the public reveal was staged, but the reactions always weren't. And you really expect them to just get on a ride the bike? That isn't the point of the bike anyways...

Originally Posted by "Dutch"
Actually the smart one in the group (Turd-tal Family stick), Paul Jr. blessed with a knack for the obvious always discribed what they were looking at. Here I will give an examle:

Paul Jr.:

I just want to say thank you for giving us this opportunity to build this bike. What we did here is put some parts on a motorcycle; it has two wheels, hum, so it can be riden. Ah, the parts we incorperated (big word for ol jr.) to make this a theme bike, ah, were ideas we came up with when we toured, hum, your company. The wheels are round and ah, inside we incorperated our images of OCC, which is pretty cool, on your theme bike. What is also cool, is ah, when you sit on the bike it feels great. Hum, the way it rides is really awesome. Huh, I hope you enjoy the bike as much as we enjoyed, hum building it.

Thank you. Thank you, you folk have been great. Have a great evening. Enjoy the show. Again, please tip the staff.
Boy, you sure come off rather condescending. Why don't you put your anger somewhere that would be more productive for you?

Originally Posted by g money
As I'm reading these posts, I'm also watching "meteorite men" The bike that OCC built for those guys just broke down on this episode and they couldnt get it started. They pushed it, pulled it and finally put on a trailer, pissed off.
Gary D.
A show bike, that wasn't meant to be ridden, breaking down, not surprising. It isn't out of the ordinary to have something like that happen. I've seen multi-million dollar prototypes that didn't start, or had some other catastrophic failure. I mean my laptop isn't meant to be thrown on the ground and work afterwords...

"You are thinking of the "Old America" in today's "New America and World Order" the President of the USA seizes the company through bailouts with taxpayer money then fires the CEO...appoints his own guy and then steals the bondholders money in a rigged bankruptcy and gives it to the union...then a year later the union sells their stock and makes a nice tidy profit out of nothing...you know like GM and the UAW??"

Now there is some pure fantasy for ya.
Not fantasy though, I know people that lost quite a bit of money in that exact scenario. The only fantasy is not believing that actually happened.

Originally Posted by HOG_0308
Good. I hope Paul Sr goes under. the show sucks and he is a terrible father
Right, and terrible father for providing to ALL of his kids a wonderful start in life, and a multimillion dollar upbringing, damn him as a father! Rather you shouldn't be making these inane judgment calls without a sufficient amount of information. Even then, Senior STILL provided quite a bit for them.

Originally Posted by dmlong
The pivotal moment for me that elevated these guys to Asshat status was when they stomped a battery into a too-small battery box.............Wendy's bike if I remember correctly.

Good riddance to bad rubbish...........
Right, you see the show, you don't see that little problems can be fixed later. In fact in that show, they said they go back and redo the battery box. But when you work within a certain time frame, you have to stick to that contract, or risk the entire company, and entire TV Show Franchise. Which would you be choosing?

Old 01-24-2011, 10:56 PM
LightBulb
Novice

You all should be more mad at GE for taking $140billion+ in bailout money, and then not repaying that.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You mentioned a $50,000 Harley a few times. Been a couple of years since I've bought one, but even the CVO versions aren't that high a price?

Old 01-24-2011, 11:17 PM
LightBulb
Novice

Originally Posted by Kowan
You mentioned a $50,000 Harley a few times. Been a couple of years since I've bought one, but even the CVO versions aren't that high a price?
They (at least on Harley's website) are advertised starting at $35,999 for the CVO Road Glide Ultra. I'm sure you could find $10,000 in custom add-ons, plus tax, title, license, interest, etc...

And it isn't like Harley's are immune to problems either. Everything that is built has problems, and will break.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:24 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Of course you can push the price up customizing your own bike and then start approaching certain builders starting prices.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:35 PM
LightBulb
Novice

Originally Posted by Kowan
Of course you can push the price up customizing your own bike and then start approaching certain builders starting prices.
Thus the premium paid for a handbuilt bike.

Quick Reply: Orange County Choppers Headquarters Facing Foreclosure