General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orange County Choppers Headquarters Facing Foreclosure

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 11:41 PM
dmlong
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pivotal moment for me that elevated these guys to Asshat status was when they stomped a battery into a too-small battery box.............Wendy's bike if I remember correctly.

Good riddance to bad rubbish...........

Old 12-16-2010, 01:56 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hd2009man
they are brat kids b/c Paul Sr allowed to be that way, instead of putting his foot up their a$$ and making them responsible, he gave them everythig they wanted. Mikey is an idiot, fat lazy and can't seem to do anything for himself. Paul Jr is the way he b/c Paul Sr allowed it.

It used to be a great show to watch, building all those custom bikes for the companies BUT now its a joke, no wonder TLC dropped them. They don't build bikes anymore, its like a counseling session LOL..........no wonder everybody leaves OCC because of the drama.
You realize that Discovery channel, which is where they are now I believe, also owns TLC and several other channels right? So TLC didn't really drop them. They were just shuffled off to another channel in the group.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:27 PM
mfbarnes
Tourer

As far as the dis-functionality of the family unit, not sure anyone is surprised, Sr. hasn't had a relationship with two of his kids for years, (daughter and son - Cristin and Daniel) He nearly ruined OC Ironworks, that Daniel solely owns now, because his father bankrupted that business. Paul Sr. and the OCC, have been the defendants of a number of legal actions. Claims from former employees, including Cody Connelly for a bike he was apparently given on the show but never got to keep as well as unauthorized use of his name and likeness. The popular sub contractor Justin Barnes whose original designs were copied on merchandise without his permission and appropriate compensation (Case 09-cv-04914-CS 05/26/2009 look it up, it's public record). But most significant is a lawsuit in 2007 alleging fraud, brought on behalf of Turner Construction (Paul Sr, Paul Jr and Daniel are named in the petition). This dates back to 2003 and a ruling in favor of Turner in 2005 concerning the original OC Iron Works company. It is alleged that assets were stripped from the OC Ironworks. Transferring the viable assets, contracts and personnel to a new company OC Ironworks LLC, before bankrupting the former. OC Ironworks LLC is owned entirely by Daniel. This involved transferring the ownership to Paul Jr and selling the assets with unfair compensation to the new company. Trustee Tom Genova filed compliant with Bankruptcy Court and sought to have the transfers from the old company to the new company judged fraudulent and set aside. He also sought to make the new company liable for the old company's debts. A settlement was reached between Orange County Ironworks LLC and Tom Genova with Orange Country Ironworks LLC agreeing to pay out $500,000.

Karma has a strange way of dealing the cards back to you does it not. Has also a really strange ring to it as smoke and mirrors, since Sr. is in a bitter lawsuit with his son, which involves around Sr. trying to regain complete control of OCC, trying to gain Jr's 20% back for nothing. Paul Sr. has filed a lawsuit against Paul Jr. to force him to sell his share of OCC as per an agreement. The suit also includes a claim for $1 million for damages for misappropriation of assets and "competitive business activities." Sr. is claiming in court that the company is worth nothing and wants to get Jr's 20% back for nothing. So until that suit is settles, all appearances will be left as so, I am guessing. If they are dropping nearly 100K a month on a note, they can't very well appear to be insolvent. Their international bike sales and production line bikes, have hit the crapper for sure. Too overpriced for an assembly line chopper with a few OCC logos on it. And believe me, if you are taking economics in college and need a poor business model for show and tell, well ante up OCC, you'll ace the test for sure.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:51 PM
dirtyharryfxrt
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good riddance to bad RUBbish! I hope they are going away like all the stupid overpriced billet choppers they build.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:52 PM
fiveliter
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job on that youtube parody of the show. They nailed every aspect of the show from the fake deadlines, to Senior's "idears", the coffee cups everywhere, to attaching a Pepto bottle to the bike to give the theme bike it's finishing touch. The guy that played Senior was dead-on. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more OCC parodies from these guys.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:18 PM
bloodfarts
Novice

Originally Posted by karlmdog
Just like everyone else, the value of a piece of property I purchased in 2007 has dropped drastically, but my lender is not my business partner so I can not arbitrarily decide on my own to lower (or eleminate) my monthly payments - I owe what I borrowed, a deal is a deal. Just because the market tanked does not mean that I owe less than what I borrowed. What makes this tool think he's any different. You may be able to refinance and get more favorable rates or terms, but the loan amount is not subject to the vagrancies of the market. If you borrow a dollar, you owe a dollar. He is truly an arrogant asshat.
this

but in todays world its "in" to walk away from your mortgage payments or business loan because they no longer make economical sense

guys a pos and his kids seem like arrogant turds

ugly gaudy pos bikes

cut the neck off a sporty or soft tail and you got 10 times the chopper those clowns build

Old 01-21-2011, 06:17 PM
blair
Tourer

Personally who gives a F@#K !!!

Old 01-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Lockman
Road Captain

I got lost at "dis-functionality"

Old 01-21-2011, 08:00 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you mean cody diden`t get that bike, that is bull, are you sure, but guess what they are laughing all the way to the bank and they could careless what we think none of us could afford one of there bikes

Old 01-21-2011, 08:28 PM
voudoujoe
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by karlmdog
Just like everyone else, the value of a piece of property I purchased in 2007 has dropped drastically, but my lender is not my business partner so I can not arbitrarily decide on my own to lower (or eleminate) my monthly payments - I owe what I borrowed, a deal is a deal. Just because the market tanked does not mean that I owe less than what I borrowed. What makes this tool think he's any different. You may be able to refinance and get more favorable rates or terms, but the loan amount is not subject to the vagrancies of the market. If you borrow a dollar, you owe a dollar. He is truly an arrogant asshat.
++1 Integrity and personal responsibility. Not enough of that around these days.

Quick Reply: Orange County Choppers Headquarters Facing Foreclosure