General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orange County Choppers Headquarters Facing Foreclosure

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 05:18 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
these guys started a small custom bike shop in upstate NY, the typically use S&S engines, S&S carbs, top notch quality parts, american made helping to support a small community. the bikes aren't garbage, not my cup of tea really and WAAAAYYY out of my budget, but still not garbage. they made it rich and are got paid nicely for appearances and the show (not to mention the bikes), and i think people are largely jealous.

too many haters here calling the OCC bikes garbage and rooting for their imminent failure. if you take pleasure in the failures of others out of jealousy than you have serious mental deficiencies and should re-evaluate your life and the path it's taking.

as for the fued it's all on junior he's a little ingrate. he shows up late, routinely would leave early to leave others to finish the bikes, can't draw at all, and really is just riding his dad's coat tails. his dad still wanted to groom him to take over the shop but junior wanted to get his hands on the money and tried co-opting something he never owned. does cody own OCC? what about rick or vinny? junior was an employee and a bad one at that.
They are all ingrates, each one of the Turdtuls...

no arguement about junior....the old man should have, as a true CEO, worked the chit out of him on a given day....to later, one hour before quiting time; fire him.

If someone disagree that Senior comes off as an uneducated, uncouthed, caveman.....then we have issues. All that guy does is walk around and "bully" his employees...not into doing work...just walks around with a coffee cup and bullies them...There is a DISTINCT reason so many people, employees, left that "company"; cuz face it, it is a teevee show, not a company. That t-shirt shop..er, bike factory......is nothing but a glorified sound stage...for discover, tlc, or history channel...which ever channel they are now on...that is all it is....

even Springer had to start making crap up...because sometimes, early on, you can not make the chit up....but after a while to make money....you have to...make the chit up....towards the end of his afternoon trailer-trash stage of a show....they were all paid actors; acting on the script...to keep the chairs filled.

We are talking about a family that REALLY imaged that they could build a "fad" bike for the rest of their lives...where is American Iron Horse, Big Dog, etc....

Old 12-09-2010, 09:43 AM
bagger90
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's stick to the facts:
1. Sr Is wacked out of his mind, and needs help.
2. Jr was a very bad employee, but did do the designing on the bikes.
3. Mikey is just there.
4. Whats wrong with a trailer down by the river?
Just My TC

Old 12-09-2010, 12:52 PM
123standish
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
these guys started a small custom bike shop in upstate NY, the typically use S&S engines, S&S carbs, top notch quality parts, american made helping to support a small community. the bikes aren't garbage, not my cup of tea really and WAAAAYYY out of my budget, but still not garbage. they made it rich and are got paid nicely for appearances and the show (not to mention the bikes), and i think people are largely jealous.

too many haters here calling the OCC bikes garbage and rooting for their imminent failure. if you take pleasure in the failures of others out of jealousy than you have serious mental deficiencies and should re-evaluate your life and the path it's taking.
I agree with this.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:04 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_County_Choppers

Interesting facts if you need to know

Old 12-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Tactical111
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Sr. is an *SSwipe no doubt but I don't wish any American Companies ill will in today's world. We all have to stick together or fail alone these days.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:03 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by doghair
Hmmm, I guess they could scream, curse and throw garbage cans. That seems to work for every other problem they have.
---------------------------------

Forgot to put Ur fist through the door.....

Old 12-12-2010, 10:41 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Orange County Choppers Headquarters Facing Foreclosure

Reliable sources say that I don't give a fvck.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:29 AM
bruder
Cruiser

good riddance to those douche bags.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:01 AM
SouthernGuy8503
Road Master

Well they do build nice bikes, some not my taste but they were built to show and not for riding. Have to realize that the bikes that are overdone is basically what the company wanted. They have built purpose bikes that were comfortable. Most of those bikes were paid for by the company that had them build, some paid 6 figures. While some were paid by TLC or Discovery Channel. The ones still in the showroom are probably ones paid for by the network or on "loan" from the company they built it for. I do watch the show because I love seeing the bikes being built even if the bike wasn't my thing. Once JR got fired you hardly see the bikes being built, one scene you see it in raw form and then next scene it's all back and they're putting it together which sucks.

Ya both SR and JR both have problems but if you notice since JR left SR hardly ever yells. For anybody that says JR helped build the business, isn't that true about anybody that's ever left a job? You help a company make money and when you leave you don't try taking any credit, except for JR. JR did do some work but does anybody remember what the last fight started out about? SR wanted JR to mock up bikes and JR thought he should design parts and got mad, so basically he thought he was above mocking up bikes. Then of course he was late again and said they've been dealing with that stuff for 10 years. It's almost like JR thinks it's fine that he can et away with it just because he's been doing it so long. In one argument JR said "you got an awfully nice house from what I did" which means he thinks he did it all and that he's jealous of what his dad has over him. JR has a nice house, nice cars and a good looking wife that doesn't seem like a stuck up gold digging b*ch so why should he be jealous?

All in all, apart they seem alright even though SR has done some things I didn't agree with, but JR has to. I personally think SR should have put JR the manager of a certain department but still had to go to SR for a last say. That way they're not together the whole time and if JR wasn't doing his job he could pull him out of it.

By the way, I think I heard SR say that he GAVE JR his 20% of the company, not sold but gave. So that's probably where they got that JR's portion was worth nothing since JR paid nothing. Would be like your family or friend giving you a car and then they ask for it back but you say they have to buy it from you, not exactly fair is it? Also I think they made the payments because on the show they laid off people but then said they came back from the bad economy so they might be fine now.

But I could be wrong about everything I said lol. But I'd rather have a Big Bear Chopper than and OCC bike anyways. If the show starts to get bad then I'll probably stop watching it.

Last edited by SouthernGuy8503; 12-13-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:22 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

"Reliable sources say that I don't give a fvck..."

Best post of this thread!

Quick Reply: Orange County Choppers Headquarters Facing Foreclosure