General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hell's Angels back in media

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 02:28 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,054 Likes on 17,933 Posts

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
anything UNDER 4" is considered Prohibited and can only be owned by: someone who already had legal ownership before the classifcation change(got grandfathered but cannot purchase new ones) a LE Agency, Autherized Movie prop house, or the military(not indvidual soldiers but the actual government).

also mags must be permently modified so as to hold no more then 5 rounds allowed in a semi auto rifle, 10 in a semi auto handgun unless your LEO or government or criminal
About the same for us in Ca. mags checked at 8 for pistols , 5 for rifles . No problem for the pistols , If I can't in the first 2 shots it's going downhill anyway .

Old 12-10-2010, 03:48 AM
richard58
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The lawful voter will obey the law, but the lawless could care less and carry what they want anyway. Police know this, but the people we vote in office dont. When they get in office most work against us. Its that way all over the world....When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have them....plain and simple....

Old 12-10-2010, 03:50 AM
richard58
Novice

Sam Colt made all men equal, thats why u dont see alot of bullies anymore...:-)

Old 12-10-2010, 05:34 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
anything UNDER 4" is considered Prohibited and can only be owned by: someone who already had legal ownership before the classifcation change(got grandfathered but cannot purchase new ones) a LE Agency, Autherized Movie prop house, or the military(not indvidual soldiers but the actual government).

also mags must be permently modified so as to hold no more then 5 rounds allowed in a semi auto rifle, 10 in a semi auto handgun unless your LEO or government or criminal
I feel bad for you guys. I'd hate to have to leave my wife home when I go off to do Army stuff without her Glocks, shotgun, rifle, etc.

I imagine your government talks about the "wild west" gun laws in the U.S., without mentioning how our crime rate keeps going down over the last 40 years. Where I live, we have a prett7y low crime rate and we can buy and carry anything from a pistol to a .50 cal machinegun, as long as federal law allows it.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:52 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Yeah, Canada has some pretty strict laws when it comes to firearms, especially handguns.

I believe it is now illegal to have a handgun with a barrel less than 4.14" in length, and if I'm not mistaken it is also illegal to own a handgun of either .25 or .32 caliber.

I would be frowned upon if you were caught motoring down the highway with one of these in your waistband...

Old 12-10-2010, 08:19 AM
mongoose
Tourer

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
<snip> And I though Ca. gun laws sucked
You're right, they do.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:37 AM
hatchetman
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Can't carry here in Canada like you gent's in the States but there is a lot of homes here heavily fortified. most people around here improvise. but instead of pulling a piece, because we can't............ you will see a lot more slug fests as a common road side sport, or road rage because everyone is tough when their driving.
I would prefer to see an open carry policy here because victims of crimes would not be victims anymore!
Hatch.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:34 AM
sonoffatboy
Tourer

Originally Posted by hatchetman
Can't carry here in Canada like you gent's in the States but there is a lot of homes here heavily fortified. most people around here improvise. but instead of pulling a piece, because we can't............ you will see a lot more slug fests as a common road side sport, or road rage because everyone is tough when their driving.
I would prefer to see an open carry policy here because victims of crimes would not be victims anymore!
Hatch.
with you on that..specially in this f*kn city...

Old 12-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Joboo1966
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

amazingly any time the ha or any other group makes the news its never good. Im in a club and while we consider our selves 1%ers we never have this ****! No disrespect here but these other groups that choose to live this way or allow members to live this way deserve all the negative press they get! That said i think its also notable to point out that every club be it bikers or boy scouts , will always have one member here and there along the way that tarnishes the rest. Its the world of choice we live in. Certainly tho this shouldnt surprise any one. Cmon.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:01 PM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Joboo1966
amazingly any time the ha or any other group makes the news its never good. Im in a club and while we consider our selves 1%ers we never have this ****! No disrespect here but these other groups that choose to live this way or allow members to live this way deserve all the negative press they get! That said i think its also notable to point out that every club be it bikers or boy scouts , will always have one member here and there along the way that tarnishes the rest. Its the world of choice we live in. Certainly tho this shouldnt surprise any one. Cmon.

Good news doesn't get ratings like bad news does, but good post.

Al

Quick Reply: Hell's Angels back in media