General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Losing our local dealer and HOG chapter!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Fossil
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harley is cutting back on how many bikes they will make a year. They say they are trying to create a shortage like the 'good ol days'. When ever you hear Harley crying broke keep in mind that they turned down $120 million in Wisconsin tax incentives but accepted about $3 billion from the stimulus bill. Harley is just out to bust unions and only get the rich people in and the dirty bikers out.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:19 PM
mike in dallas
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Fossil
Harley is cutting back on how many bikes they will make a year. They say they are trying to create a shortage like the 'good ol days'. When ever you hear Harley crying broke keep in mind that they turned down $120 million in Wisconsin tax incentives but accepted about $3 billion from the stimulus bill. Harley is just out to bust unions and only get the rich people in and the dirty bikers out.
who is they? people always say o they say this are that but who is they?
most of the time its just someones opinion. at least thats what they are saying...

Old 12-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fossil
Ha! I fooled them. I got my bike before only the rich can get em.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

THEY??? Mike said it right. WHO THE HELL IS THEY???

Is that the same they as in? THEY just got in with the wrong crowd!!

PUt some names on THEY or THEY don't exist!

Old 12-04-2010, 09:48 PM
scasey
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
was in there this september...nothing special...just more over-priced t-shirts.
You know it makes me wonder, Harley owners will go wayyy out of there way to find a deal and if you know your business is in trouble why not sell at a discount? Granted you won't make the full profit but it may be enough to keep the business afloat until things turnaround someday. I am not saying this works all the time and I do not know if this dealer tried it (suspect he did not according to the quote I am quoting on) but makes it hard to feel sorry for a business if they stick to their guns for full profit. Everybody these days are willing to cut costs to move products and Harley dealers in general are still stealers. Not all but most are.

Now before anyone flames on me about dealers or Harley keeping the prices up to protect the values do not bother, if you bought a bike for investment purposes then you should have considered a different investment.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:54 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by scasey
if you bought a bike for investment purposes then you should have considered a different investment.
........ au contraire .......... i regularly receive a substantive return on my HD investment ..... everytime I push that start button !

Old 12-04-2010, 10:42 PM
warrconn
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharknose
Or look at the big upside--you can still ride with the friends you've made without all the rules, politics and squabbles of an organization.
Or dues!