General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You might be a Y.O.B (Yuppie on Bike) IF....

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 01:01 AM
kjriv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: You might be a Y.O.B (Yuppie on Bike) IF....

ORIGINAL: anubisss
You wear a Rolex while riding. (I have a breitling)
Actually Rolex isn't what it used to be. I'd take a vintage one before a newer one anyday. If I could afford it. As for Breitling, you wouldn't care for my opinion on it either.

Before you ask - yes - Concord.

If it makes me a RUB/YOB/whatever - great. At least I won't deny it. Much like most everyone here, I worked hard all my life to get where I am - had alot of bikes before getting to afford a HD. Not bad for an ex-NYC Bike Messenger.

Ohh...and I live in the suburbs...does that make me I'm a RSB??..although the R is really all relative, isn't it.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:02 AM
JBA111
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dam, man if you've been rideing 60+ YEARS just how old are you?? And what cha rideing nowdays??

Old 09-25-2006, 01:31 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought both my Rolex and my Harley Davidson among some other cheap crap with the money I've earned working my *** off. I've owned that watch for more than 15 years now and my ride brand new back in '99. I do take my motorcycle for dealer scheduled services, I don't touch the engine. I do install all the accessories myself to feel like a "real biker" and get my hands dirty "as we all should right" ??? I has taken me 7 years and hard earned money to put my bike together as I want it... it is funny how envy tends to label people right off of first hand isn't it?

That makes me a RMF (rich mother f*cker) for as long as I can pay for those little life "sunshines"

Best regards.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:53 AM
chops
Tourer

I am jealous of Y.O.B.'s because I wish I had all that money to spend as well.
So, is this website such as so many others, where you have to apologize for being successful?

Just asking.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:58 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Guess I'm just a regular joe. My 93 FLH has little in way of bling (gas cap cover and Thunderheader slip ons). I have 4 HD T-shirts, and a leather jacket made in China. I have a $20.00 digital watch that has lasted 5 yrs, and work overtime to pay for all of it.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:02 AM
PSO169
Road Master

WTF is wrong with going to the dealer??? I bought the extened warranty with the 1st five services pre paid. I work 2 extra off duty shifts a month to make my bike payment. My truck took a dump so I am on two wheels all the time. In dont want my wife left at home with two toddlers without transportation. I go to the dealership, I buy their stuff, I like it so f**&ing what.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:07 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I just like to stir the pot and watch what happens.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:18 AM
Pathfinder
Cruiser

I can honestly admit to being "a Red Neck Biker" because,

1. When faced with needing the driveway paved or buying a new scooter, I got a tractor and a new bike. I just grade the ruts down when it rains hard. Problem solved.

2. I just about got done with the roof on the back porch summer before last, then we got the new scooter. Screw the roof, the tarp from Sam's Club works just fine.

3. Instead of building a garage to store the tractor, bikes, truck and car, I bought a shed for the tractor and one for the bikes. Let the car and truck fend for themselves.

4. I'm always late for work. Remember, "it's the journey not the destination."

5. An finally everbody that knows me says so. Come on down and visit us in the country!

Old 09-25-2006, 02:21 AM
PSO169
Road Master

anubisss
then you must be having fun. I was working one of my off duty shifts last night (1/2 of bike payment early) and saw the same pair of $40,000 + choppers that were in our town sqaure in a different restaurant parking area then the last time I worked. Tow totally tricked out choppers parked for everyone to see, guess they could paid me to ride them there.
jeff

Old 09-25-2006, 02:42 AM
blueduece
Road Captain

No apologies here..ive worked hard for what i have. I dont consider myself a RUB or YOB. We live in a nice house, wife drives an expedition limited (two toddlers and a dog = expedition) ive got a GMC crew cab. Dont wear a watch, ive got 3 t -shirts, a hat and a leather that says Harley on it. Dont really care what people think, never have, never will. I have earned what i own.

ORIGINAL: chops

I am jealous of Y.O.B.'s because I wish I had all that money to spend as well.
So, is this website such as so many others, where you have to apologize for being successful?

Just asking.

Quick Reply: You might be a Y.O.B (Yuppie on Bike) IF....