General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You might be a Y.O.B (Yuppie on Bike) IF....

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 09:26 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: You might be a Y.O.B (Yuppie on Bike) IF....

wooohoooooooo I passed (is that good or bad ??) I am not a YOB !!!!!
Only H.D. stuff I have was on the bike when I bought it ...I believe aftermarket (joker machine for example) gives better quality. Don't own anything clothing wise except maybe 2 T shirts that are H.D. . I dont go to stealers, my leather has a bullet hole in it

Old 09-24-2006, 09:31 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Can we get a picture of that bullet hole?

Old 09-24-2006, 09:38 PM
JRFLHR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You ain't in my tribe .Everyone wants(almost everyone)to simlify their life by putting labels on others.
Why not you be what you are and the rest will be what they are.We all want the same thing.Ride !

Old 09-24-2006, 10:20 PM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

wooohoooooooo I passed (is that good or bad ??) I am not a YOB !!!!!
Only H.D. stuff I have was on the bike when I bought it ...I believe aftermarket (joker machine for example) gives better quality. Don't own anything clothing wise except maybe 2 T shirts that are H.D. . I dont go to stealers, my leather has a bullet hole in it

i think a story of this is in order

Old 09-24-2006, 10:29 PM
HammerheadSSN663
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Blue Lead

I must admit that I fit about half of the description of a YOB.

The real reason I ride a Harley is that no other bike has soul.

Please.

Triumph doesnt have soul???

You've lost your mind.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:33 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Let's see: My watch is a TAG. Honestly polished my Ariat boots this morning (after my morning ride). I've owned both a Gold Wing and a BMW (and many other metrics along with Harleys). Been riding 60 + years. Boy am I confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Helix
Tourer

ORIGINAL: anubisss

No offense here gents. Just don't like the term R.U.B. It is a little too overdone in my opinion. I am jealous of Y.O.B.'s because I wish I had all that money to spend as well. Anyway here goes nothing. Your leathers are brand new looking for years. You think servicing your bike means taking it to the Stealer. You believe everythinig the Salesman tells you. You get your bike washed at the Stealer. You think changing brake pads is complicated. You hang out at the Stealer on a regular basis. ( this one is questionable) All of your gear is HD brand. You can afford to take your bike to the Stealer for regular oil changes. ( this should be filed under you might do things the jewish way) Once again no offense as I am a member of the tribe. Your idea of roughing it is staying at a cheap motel on a biker trip. Your first bike is a Harley. Your more concerned about what kinda bike you are riding than the fact that you are riding. You wear a Rolex while riding. (I have a breitling) Your boots aren't scuffed at all. You wear shorts and a tank top with white socks and addidas shoes. Your helmet doesn't have any scratches or scrapes on it.....I have changed my mind. This only applies to BMW's and Goldwings. LOL

Man guys like you make me laugh. You use all the popular Buzz words to make yourself sound cool. Rubs - stealers-cages etc. Im Jewish BTW and I dont take my Bikes ( ya I got 2 - 1 Harley and My LTD 1100 that Ive had since 1982 ) - cars - lawn mowers to the dealers to get serviced I do it all myself and Im not rich by any stretch of the imagination. However the dealership where I bought my Harley frequently has specials for oil changes for $20. Guess I Am a Jew after all. BTW What tribe are you in ? The KKK? Ive been riding bikes over 20 years and Yes I still ride with shorts in 100+ degree weather but I wear New Balance instead of Addidas. Damn Im a RUB-YOB whatever you call em. I still dont have leathers so maybe im not? Your probably one of those dudes that wear cut off plaid sleeveless shirts , has the chain on your massive wallet , wears dirty jeans all the time , sports the doo- rag , goutee , and has longish hair so you can fit into a stereo type image that you think is worthy of a Harley Owner. But I didnt see that in your image of being a Biker in your other thread.Or possibly your just a Forum troller.... Long Live Fonzie!!

Old 09-24-2006, 10:49 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: vegashd

i think a story of this is in order
LOL , I could lie and tell ya I was in a huge barfight when knifes and guns came out and lead was flying .............but ; in all honesty it was a stupid bet that someone known to be a bad shot couldn't hit a person if his life depended on it. Ya know how it goes , the joking and taunting keeps going until the bluff is called. An oak tree , some twine , old pair of jeans and a jacket , made a cute scaretype person. Bastard never hit nothing in his life until then

Old 09-24-2006, 11:34 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Just wait for the novel at whi.ch time I will be considered a Y.O.B

Old 09-25-2006, 12:26 AM
Dogs of war
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Helix

Man guys like you make me laugh. You use all the popular Buzz words to make yourself sound cool. Rubs - stealers-cages etc. Im Jewish BTW and I dont take my Bikes ( ya I got 2 - 1 Harley and My LTD 1100 that Ive had since 1982 ) - cars - lawn mowers to the dealers to get serviced I do it all myself and Im not rich by any stretch of the imagination. However the dealership where I bought my Harley frequently has specials for oil changes for $20. Guess I Am a Jew after all. BTW What tribe are you in ? The KKK? Ive been riding bikes over 20 years and Yes I still ride with shorts in 100+ degree weather but I wear New Balance instead of Addidas. Damn Im a RUB-YOB whatever you call em. I still dont have leathers so maybe im not? Your probably one of those dudes that wear cut off plaid sleeveless shirts , has the chain on your massive wallet , wears dirty jeans all the time , sports the doo- rag , goutee , and has longish hair so you can fit into a stereo type image that you think is worthy of a Harley Owner. But I didnt see that in your image of being a Biker in your other thread.Or possibly your just a Forum troller.... Long Live Fonzie!!
[sm=exactly.gif]

Quick Reply: You might be a Y.O.B (Yuppie on Bike) IF....