Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You might be a biker IF........

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 04:29 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default You might be a biker IF........

You've owned a motorcycle as your only form of transportation for and significant period of time. You have ever owned more than one motorcycle at a time. You wear a helmet everyday. You don't wear a helmet everyday. You call cars cages. When you get in a car you look for the handgrips. You wear Maletese crosses on your tie. You have tattoos that are visible while wearing a t-shirt. You travel on vacation via 2 wheels. Your idea of a party is working on or cleaning your Harley. You ignore your cellphone while driving, because you either can't hear it or just don't care who is calling. You try to wear a tie as little as possible if ever. You went on your honeymoon on a Harley. Grocery shopping on the bike is a regular practice. You spend $15 on a full tank. Your leathers look old and worn. You have leathers at all. You have ever thought about parking "your baby" in the house. You have severe emotional issues while your bike is parked and not running. Your bike always runs due to your mechanical savvy. This is the website you spend most of your time on. You ever wonder what it would be like if everyone rode bikes and there were just a few cars on the road. You have taught your wife to pack lite when going on vacation due to luggage capacity. You know what a bead breaker is. Spending 8 hours a day on the road on your bike sounds like fun or ever did. Bathtime means its time to give your bike a bath instead of yourself or your kid. Your kid brags to his friends that his dad rides a Harley. You woke up this morning and you got yourself a beer as in the Roadhouse Blues(Doors). Tattoos tickle instead of hurting. Your 3 year old child knows what ape hangers are. You ride every day of the week. Your bike isn't a "pleasure" vehicle......

Old 09-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Greybeardrider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: You might be a biker IF........

Gee, I was waiting for the put-down response you usually get from a certain member,...guess he's off-line

Old 09-24-2006, 10:21 PM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: anubisss

You've owned a motorcycle as your only form of transportation for and significant period of time. You have ever owned more than one motorcycle at a time. You wear a helmet everyday. You don't wear a helmet everyday. You call cars cages. When you get in a car you look for the handgrips. You wear Maletese crosses on your tie. You have tattoos that are visible while wearing a t-shirt. You travel on vacation via 2 wheels. Your idea of a party is working on or cleaning your Harley. You ignore your cellphone while driving, because you either can't hear it or just don't care who is calling. You try to wear a tie as little as possible if ever. You went on your honeymoon on a Harley. Grocery shopping on the bike is a regular practice. You spend $15 on a full tank. Your leathers look old and worn. You have leathers at all. You have ever thought about parking "your baby" in the house. You have severe emotional issues while your bike is parked and not running. Your bike always runs due to your mechanical savvy. This is the website you spend most of your time on. You ever wonder what it would be like if everyone rode bikes and there were just a few cars on the road. You have taught your wife to pack lite when going on vacation due to luggage capacity. You know what a bead breaker is. Spending 8 hours a day on the road on your bike sounds like fun or ever did. Bathtime means its time to give your bike a bath instead of yourself or your kid. Your kid brags to his friends that his dad rides a Harley. You woke up this morning and you got yourself a beer as in the Roadhouse Blues(Doors). Tattoos tickle instead of hurting. Your 3 year old child knows what ape hangers are. You ride every day of the week. Your bike isn't a "pleasure" vehicle......
What about waving at bikes while driving the cage? People look at you like your crazy

Old 09-25-2006, 01:25 AM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: vegashd

What about waving at bikes while driving the cage? People look at you like your crazy
I habe come close to doing that [8D]

Old 09-25-2006, 02:54 AM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: KeithB

ORIGINAL: vegashd

I habe come close to doing that [8D]

i do it alot

Old 09-25-2006, 03:04 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I usually wave from the cage and yell hi at them.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Twohulabears
Road Captain

What about waving at bikes while driving the cage? People look at you like your crazy.
This last July my nieces wanted to go with us on a family campout for my wifes side of the family, so we took the car instead of the bike like we normally do. As soon as we got loaded up and on the road, they fell asleep! It was a beautiful day and we saw lots of bikes on the road. We REALLY wished we were one of them. So, we rolled down all the windows and thought we would see how many of the passing bikers we could get to wave to us. Most of them just looked at us like we were crazy. One flipped us off. But we did get one group of bikers where they ALL waved at us! VERY cool!

Old 09-25-2006, 10:19 AM
Psycho
Road Master

You've owned a motorcycle as your only form of transportation for and significant period of time.
About 6 months while in college was the longest I ever did without a cage. Didn't have the money to fix the truck. Damn cold winter. Those were rough times. 20 bucks was a fortune to me. Didn't have money for fancy clothes, was lucky to have 3 dollars to fill up with gas. Just wore old sweatshirts under the leather jacket my mom bought me to stay warm. Rode to work and college in the snow. Lived on beanie weenies, hotdogs, and potatos.

Bikes were my most reliable form of transportation for a lot of years though. Even when I had a truck, they were just old dilapidated oil burning smokers. My bike was always dependable though, and was what I counted on. Brings back memories.

You have ever owned more than one motorcycle at a time.
Yep. Most is four at once.

You travel on vacation via 2 wheels.
More often than not.

You ignore your cellphone while driving, because you either can't hear it or just don't care who is calling.
Hell, I ignore the damn thing in the cage, much less on the bike.

Your leathers look old and worn.
Was riding home last night in the pouring rain, and noticed that the inside seam is coming apart again on the right leg of my chaps, and thought, hell, that guy just sewed those damned things up in St. Augustine fl. about, oh, 11 years ago? Sumbitches coming apart again?

Jacket has road burn in left sleeve from a drunken wreck over ten years ago.

You have leathers at all.
see above

You have taught your wife to pack lite when going on vacation due to luggage capacity.
You mean everybody doesn't do that??

You have ever thought about parking "your baby" in the house.
Park, hell, I built one in my apartment kitchen once. Used the bathtub for a parts washer. Roomates girlfriend bitched bitched bitched. Got served after I moved out, and the judge made me replace the linoleum. I've parked a bike in every house I've owned to date, although it's been a lot of years since I've had to do it, as I have sheds and garages now.

This **** brings back memories. Some days I think I'd like to just sell every damn thing I've got, and go back to being poor. Just seemed a simpler, lower stress way of life.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Jezcruzen
Stellar HDF Member

...while having a conversation with someone, you stop in mid-sentance because you suddenly picked up the faint sound of a Harley V-twin somewhere off in the distance. You pause, slightly turn towards the sound, maybe with hopes of catching a glimpse of the bike and its rider, and for a second or two your mind's eye is looking over the handlebars and you're feeling the wind. The other party doesn't have a clue, unless, of course, they know you very well.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Tombstone
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: anubisss

...you think "PMS" stands for "Parked Motorcycle Syndrome" and can't understand why everyone laughs when you admit to having it.

Quick Reply: You might be a biker IF........