General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name the biker friendly bars in your area...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 06:57 PM
RamAirThree
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Name the biker friendly bars in your area...

We had the "Glen" on Hillside ave that closed down in my area quite a few years ago, then a great place called "Dilligaf" in Ozone Park where there was always something on the barbecue and the beer was ice cold and everyone was like family but then it closed after around 10 yrs in business due to certain city officials forcing him out, so a lot of the guys by me now hit different places like the "Quiet Man" in Ozone Park and in the Summer you can find some at "Capt. Mikes" an outdoor bar on the water in Howard Beach as a place to meet up but it hasn't been the same without that bar everyone came too just to shoot the ****.

So I was curious if others had a roadhouse or a hot spot in their area that local riders frequent or one might pull up to and be happy they did because it was biker friendly and maybe even out of the ordinary.

I'm thinking it might give us all a new place to stop on our travels and check out or maybe even make a trip more interesting should one or more of the places listed might be on ones route.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:07 PM
rmatt34
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RamAirThree
We had the "Glen" on Hillside ave that closed down in my area quite a few years ago, then a great place called "Dilligaf" in Ozone Park where there was always something on the barbecue and the beer was ice cold and everyone was like family but then it closed after around 10 yrs in business due to certain city officials forcing him out, so a lot of the guys by me now hit different places like the "Quiet Man" in Ozone Park and in the Summer you can find some at "Capt. Mikes" an outdoor bar on the water in Howard Beach as a place to meet up but it hasn't been the same without that bar everyone came too just to shoot the ****.

So I was curious if others had a roadhouse or a hot spot in their area that local riders frequent or one might pull up to and be happy they did because it was biker friendly and maybe even out of the ordinary.

I'm thinking it might give us all a new place to stop on our travels and check out or maybe even make a trip more interesting should one or more of the places listed might be on ones route.

Most (if not all) of the "biker friendly" bars in this area are club affiliated... So they are under constant scrutiny ... not being one to throw myself at the feet of the local pride, I avoid these joints... not only that, I've seen too many people get hurt just because they didn't know "the rules" ...

Come to think of it...you're not a cop are you ...?

Old 11-26-2010, 07:09 PM
jimgaf
Cruiser

Hell, biker friendly. It's hard to find a bar around here that you can get a shot and beer much under $10 bucks. All the old places have turned into brew pubs, wine bars, places where the MILF's get their $12 apple-tinis.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:11 PM
RamAirThree
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jimgaf
Hell, biker friendly. It's hard to find a bar around here that you can get a shot and beer much under $10 bucks. All the old places have turned into brew pubs, wine bars, places where the MILF's get their $12 apple-tinis.
Really? But a lot of guys ride in your area, I am surprised. That sucks but hey there is business idea that might make money then... lol
I lived two years in "Old Bridge" back when it had a population 12, but I had family in East Brunswick. My Uncle before he passed away owned the "Colonial Diner on Route 18.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:12 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,349 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Try www.bikerroad.com. They have a whole sub-section on ones that are listed as 'biker-friendly'.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:13 PM
RamAirThree
Road Captain

Originally Posted by rmatt34
Most (if not all) of the "biker friendly" bars in this area are club affiliated... So they are under constant scrutiny ... not being one to throw myself at the feet of the local pride, I avoid these joints... not only that, I've seen too many people get hurt just because they didn't know "the rules" ...

Come to think of it...you're not a cop are you ...?
lmaooo , no and by Biker friendly I also mean neutral when it comes to colors or patches as some say

Old 11-26-2010, 07:36 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,670 Likes on 2,540 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAirThree

I used to ride in Glens toy run every year, and my band used to play there about 15 years ago. Didn't know they were gone. Still have the beanie helmet I bought at DILLIGAF's almost 30 years ago, when it was a bike shop on Cross Bay Blvd,across from Pizza city & the Big Bow Wow.--another great bike hangout from back in the day.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:37 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To tell the truth I don't know of any biker-unfriendly bars in my area at all. They're pretty much all working class bars loaded with rednecks, cowboys, hillbillies, and peckerwoods...you know....biker friendly customers.

Last edited by krusty1; 11-26-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:48 PM
surfcitybum
Road Captain

Hell's Kitchen in Lake Elsinore, The Rock Store in the Santa Monica Mountains, Cooks Corner in Trabuco Canyon, The Lookout in Lake Elsinore, Neptune's Net along the Malibu Coast, Roscoe's in Fullerton to name a few.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:52 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,244 Likes on 1,851 Posts

http://www.bentleyssaloon.com/ is in Maine, doesn't get much more biker friendly than that.

Quick Reply: Name the biker friendly bars in your area...