General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R U getting bored with your Harley ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 11:51 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by grzly
Sacrilege to some i know , but the more i ride , the less i like the other harley owners on the road .. which is beginning to rub on my own riding .... people r alot more friendlier when i am on my Ducati or Aprilia , most harley owners round my way r too bad *** to nod to a fellow rider .
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +

Must be a Australian thing.

Some of the ones that don't ride a Harley won't wave to us over here.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:00 PM
RamAirThree
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never, it's a love, not a coloring book ....but I am confused though? How do you go from riding a Harley to an Aprilla or Ducati? I mean I didn't realize Euro Yuppie bikes and American pride Harleys mingled... lol. You trolling us bro? Just playing... lol. Anyway the only thing I am feeling is the less need to drag race and the more want of a larger and heavier touring Harley for the highway. My bike is starting to get to me with the rigid mounted engine and 11.5 inch suspension, gunfighter seat, etc. Guess I am getting older not to mention I have been riding the same bike for 15 years now, but I am yearning more of a Cadillac ride now with a uhmmmm larger seat... lol. But to be honest the grass always looks greener on the other side. I bet the Ducati and Aprilla guys have their RUBs too. Here in NY, you want to bitch slap most of them. They usually spend more time parked sipping coffee in a Euro cafe acting like snobs watching European Rallye clips on a TV. Do not get me wrong we have our posers here too riding Harleys but for the most part riders here are great people.

Last edited by RamAirThree; 11-26-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:02 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

aw well .. i see most have missed the point , but perhaps i wasnt clear enough ... firstly maybe you guys in the States enjoy better comradeship and less posers , AND you have some great rallies like Sturgis , but here in Oz , the streets are becoming full of weekend warrior ********* on Harleys bought in the past yr or so that wouldnt be able to get outta their own way .. i just dont know how to put it nicely .... and as for the wise *** that take a shot at me owning 3 bikes .. maybe that aint acceptable in ur neck of the woods , but for a 365 day a yr rider ( with no car to my name) having more than one bike makes alot of sense ( to me ) . Geez .. tough audience Anyway , ride safe ...
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news to you, BUT even here in the states some of us ride year round also, and like I many of us only have OUR HARLEY as a mode of transportation. I ride in rain, sleet and snow, I am always on the go. IF you get bored because one of the RUBS didn't wave to you ****** his *** off of the bike and beat the chit out of him, boredom cured. NOW if you get bored with your Harley SELL IT and buy that SILVERWING.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:16 PM
FBRR
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"IF you get bored because one of the RUBS didn't wave to you ****** his *** off of the bike and beat the chit out of him,"

Carefull there "DOPE MAN" even rubs have carry permits!!

Old 11-26-2010, 01:20 PM
badknees
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find just the opposite around here the crotch rockets don't reply to a friendly wave.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:29 PM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can tell you that I am getting bored of my Yamaha, Had it for 10 years and want something more powerful

Old 11-26-2010, 02:09 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Getting bored with a Harley (or just riding in general) is a sure sign of:

1) Serious mental illness, such as clinical depression, and/or.....

2) Indicative of somebody who just bought a bike because everybody else was buying one.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:22 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sacrilege to some i know , but the more i ride , the less i like the other harley owners on the road .. which is beginning to rub on my own riding .... people r alot more friendlier when i am on my Ducati or Aprilia , most harley owners round my way r too bad *** to nod to a fellow rider .
Did you buy your bike to ride - or to wave.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:57 PM
grzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the post was prompted by the debate just recently between alot of US members about old biker culture and whether the newbies owed anything to them .... sorta crystallised my thinking enough to post ... and i think there was probably one honest answer , and that was someone who said he got bored and changed his bikes every 2 yrs .... now ,to me those that spend huge amts of $'s must be "bored" with their current ride ... or have i got that wrong ... i only took that Q 1 step further and everyone wants to flame ... is life that tough over in the States . Maybe the Oz bike culture ( and i think this is the case ) is waaaaaaay different . it was not a shot at Harley riders in the States and i think thats where it went wrong

Old 11-26-2010, 03:06 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not bored - I'm still riding my 1989 FXST.

Quick Reply: R U getting bored with your Harley ?