General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R U getting bored with your Harley ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 08:59 AM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope!

Old 11-26-2010, 09:26 AM
big_e_walrus
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I bought my bike so others would nod at me. Not.
Try a road less travelled.
Be selfish and ride for yourself.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:30 AM
sgod1100
Road Captain

tired from riding all day? YES. Bored?? SHAME ON YOU!

Old 11-26-2010, 09:40 AM
h2o
Road Captain

Originally Posted by grzly
Sacrilege to some i know , but the more i ride , the less i like the other harley owners on the road .. which is beginning to rub on my own riding .... people r alot more friendlier when i am on my Ducati or Aprilia , most harley owners round my way r too bad *** to nod to a fellow rider .
That might be where you live. I haven't noticed a difference in riders where I live. You can always move to the Harrisburg area.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sacrilege to some i know , but the more i ride , the less i like the other harley owners on the road .. which is beginning to rub on my own riding .... people r alot more friendlier when i am on my Ducati or Aprilia , most harley owners round my way r too bad *** to nod to a fellow rider .
Bored with my Harley? NEVER! Like so many here, I look at my RK in my garage and say to myself. I love my bike -- I love riding! So nothing else matters.

We have a few like that around here -- but so what? I ride for myself not for them.

I don't care for most of the sport bike types either. Their whining 15,000 rpm motors sounding like a cat with its tailcaught in a meat grinder.

Maybe it's time you change where you ride in order to avoid those bad *** wannabes. If that doesn't do it then maybe a better fit for you is with the sport bike crowd. To each their own.

As for me, I get anxious, not bored, looking for the next place to ride to. But when I finally decide where to ride to, the wind in my face, the hum of my motor and the smile on my face will get me there. If I get a few waves on the way, that's ok. If I don't get any waves that's ok too. I have my Harley all's well!

Ride on!

Last edited by Gonzy; 11-26-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech23
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I once parked my bike for an entire year because some bad *** didn't wave to me.

Tech23

Old 11-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sell it. That'll leave more gas for the rest of us.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:02 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I feel bad now .. i should have i'm sorry

Old 11-26-2010, 11:01 AM
Johnny423
Intermediate

Originally Posted by schumacher
I seem to get bored with all of my bikes, regardless of make, about every 2 years
Hmmm I seem to recall seeing you over on the Honda Shadow forums and then you sold your ACE and bought a sportster, then sold that and got a softail... I come over here and see you've now got a Victory??
And I thought I was bad with 3 bikes in 4 years... first the Shadow, then a Vulcan 1500, now a Fat Boy....
Bikes are like women... gotta ride a few before finding the right one. ;-)

Old 11-26-2010, 11:37 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the OP should ride up Brisbane way, go to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, and hug a koala. That should make him feel better!
I just returned from a few weeks in the Brisbane area, where I made my way to Morgan & Wacker HD (the oldest HD dealer outside the US). My wife and I hung out with, and talked to, a bunch of really nice folks. Even ate some darn good sausages. My take is that everything is what you make it.

Quick Reply: R U getting bored with your Harley ?