General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R U getting bored with your Harley ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 02:43 PM
motordog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grzly
the post was prompted by the debate just recently between alot of US members about old biker culture and whether the newbies owed anything to them .... sorta crystallised my thinking enough to post ... and i think there was probably one honest answer , and that was someone who said he got bored and changed his bikes every 2 yrs .... now ,to me those that spend huge amts of $'s must be "bored" with their current ride ... or have i got that wrong ... i only took that Q 1 step further and everyone wants to flame ... is life that tough over in the States . Maybe the Oz bike culture ( and i think this is the case ) is waaaaaaay different . it was not a shot at Harley riders in the States and i think thats where it went wrong
When I first read the title to the thread, I understood it a bit differently. Not that am I bored with riding a Harley, but bored with my Harley as it is now.

I must confess that as a professional designer I am most excited when I am working on the design of my Harley. Once I get it to completion, the designing is over. I ride it for a while, enjoying all that comes with riding and the culture, but soon I begin to wander toward another project.

So in that context, I do get a little bored. But never, never, never of riding a Harley, any Harley.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Tactical111
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink Wait...what??

Yes, I am bored with my Harley. I am also bored with drinking beer and having sex.

Seriously, lose the pink leather vest and wear jeans with those azzless chaps and more guys will wave at you. You're just scaring them.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Tactical111
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Hold on now...

Originally Posted by brenn
I predict you'll get out of it what you put into it - in your case, I expect that means not making many friends or ever being part of the culture. With your attitude, I doubt the rest of us are missing much.
Now wait just a minute there Brenn. Is he wearing jeans with those chaps? We MIGHT just be missing out???

Old 11-27-2010, 04:18 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Tactical111
Yes, I am bored with my Harley. I am also bored with drinking beer and having sex.
yeh, bored of sex too, but that's just with the wife

Old 11-27-2010, 04:42 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here ya go grzly dude, hope this helps:
http://www.urban75.org/useless/bored.html

Old 11-27-2010, 05:23 PM
ThreatLevel Midnight
Road Master
Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

No, I am not. The last two summers I took many series of trips around the state (WI) and visited every dealer. (somewhere around 32 of them)
As a rule the people are always very friendly. Great experiences. At Rice Lake HD I was asking about local campsites and they told me I could set up on their grounds for free. (I left them donuts in the morning.) I used to think the whole "HD is a family" thing was kinda corny, but not any more.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:25 PM
DLW_FLHTC
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, but hate the cold weather

Old 11-27-2010, 07:42 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,987 Likes on 17,898 Posts

Originally Posted by grzly
Sacrilege to some i know , but the more i ride , the less i like the other harley owners on the road .. which is beginning to rub on my own riding .... people r alot more friendlier when i am on my Ducati or Aprilia , most harley owners round my way r too bad *** to nod to a fellow rider .

Welcome to world of the instant Barney BadAss , got me a harley now I are one . Nope sorry I've never seen that happen before ever , ya right ...........

Look for the guys riding the older or the plain bikes you'll find a lot better grade of people most times . Not to knock your other rides man but I've known a few ero trash guys who were dicks also .

Old 11-27-2010, 07:56 PM
psyco1
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bored? No, but it is the least exciting bike I have and the least ridden one.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:18 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DMorr99
I think the whole wave thing is gay. I also don't ride my bike to make friends. I ride my bike to get to places, not to mingle with people that want to chew my ear off talking about how bad *** they are while wearing assless chaps.
Yep. We have a real winner here folks. Mr. Personality!

Quick Reply: R U getting bored with your Harley ?