Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oregon Bed Rolls, Anyone bought one recently?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 10:51 AM
rhinotheking
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AThousandHurricanes
Spend your money on real gear. Go to a backpacking store, get a thermarest pad and a good down sleeping bag. They will both take up less space that this, and keep you a lot warmer and more comfortable. My Marmot +15 degree bag packs down to about the size of two softballs side by side.

I pretty sure I can fit my thermarest pad, marmot bag and MSR 2 man tent in the space as the Oregon bedroll a about the sane weight. YMMV.
+1 for the Therm-a-rest pad. I've had one for 19 years now. Countless nights on the ground camping, crashing on a friends floor, and the GF uses it to suntan on the deck. The thing is awesome. They have many more options now compared to when I bought one. It used to be just long or short.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:19 PM
casadelray
Advanced

Just received my bedroll today. Awesome product. Agreed you can buy camping gear cheaper, but this thing is designed to handle some abuse. I'll be using mine not only for camping out on road trips, but on deployments as well. Sleeping on this will sure beat sleeping on some dirty AMC terminal floor or a C-17 cargo bay. Yes it did take a long time, but understanding thier manufacture concept and it's understandable. If you can wait a few months, it's worth it.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:55 PM
TooManyClowns
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, nice product!
I have both the Original and a Pack-Lite
Have always slept well on one after a days ride

Old 01-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Big H
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I don't personally have one, but my buddy has one and loves it. He waited a bit for his too.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:47 AM
Hooker 6
Tourer

I got mine before Christmas, no wait and very friendly helpful folks. I sewed my old poncho liner from the Army togethere to form a lightweight sleeping bag, and I have my REI +10 for the cold stuff. This is perfect for bike camping, but I hope it doesnt't rain. The flap is solid but I quit sleeping under a poncho when I left the Army. Daytona, we're ready!

Old 01-06-2011, 05:20 AM
veegee
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard these are pretty good also.....
http://www.iamdonwood.blogspot.com/

Old 04-28-2011, 11:03 PM
NAUIdvr1
Tourer

Just bought one of the originals in Black. The price is currently reduced by $59 (paid $340) for the pre-orders right now, and guaranteed not to be lower thru Christmas 2011.

http://www.oregonbedroll.com/

Last edited by NAUIdvr1; 04-28-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:21 PM
NAUIdvr1
Tourer

Update:
Patrick of Oregon Bedrolls couldn't get me the roll I ordered before my 700 mile trip to JuneBug Boogie in TN. So he shipped me a brand new loaner BareKnuckle bed roll to use for the trip. The BareKnuckle is basically a cheaper version of the Original, with the same dimensions.

This bed roll is amazing. The place I chose to put my tent at, was loaded with sticks, rocks, and general ground protrusions. I went thru the area and "raked" the ground with my boot before putting the tent up, but still had several sticks, rocks & things under the tent. Once I rolled out the bedroll and left the valve open for the day, just before bedding down for the night, I blew about 5-8 breaths of air in the valve and closed it. I was in heaven - slept like a baby all four nights (and was only drunk one of those nights).

Finally received my Original Bed Roll just before July 4th weekend. He had some production slow down problems at the prison. But It finally got here. Great product and great company, excellent communications - every time I e-mailed him, he got back to me in minutes. I even called him while on the road to ask a question and he answered the phone - on a weekend!

Last edited by NAUIdvr1; 07-12-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Xube
Road Warrior

Have two originals and love them. Was supposed to get two free sheet sacks and didn't, but this is a minor quibble: we can sew together the bottom of a folded sheet for each bag, and roll a wool trade blanket in each one, and done. Great roll, no tent.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:56 PM
bwana1
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the BAREKNUCKLE and love it. Works great in the dirt, grass, on concrete or a picnic table.

Bwana

Quick Reply: Oregon Bed Rolls, Anyone bought one recently?