General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major Mistake !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 12:44 PM
purestockracer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major Mistake !!!!

I was planning on taking a 2 week bike trip this coming summer & hit some new states I've never been in yet. I picked my vacations, from where I work & was able to get the first 2 weeks in August. I was planning on going through Wisconsin,Minnesota,North & South Dakota, Montana,Nebraska & Iowa. Then I found out, that is the week of Sturgis, .There is no way in hell I'd go out in that area during that !! All the posers & trash & idiots & traffic & crowds & places jacking up their prices & heightened police activity !! No, i'll find somewhere else to go.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Blargh
Road Captain

sturgis is one small place in that huge chunk of the U.S. - you should be able to enjoy yourself without getting bothered - but i'd definitely want to ride the black hills if i'm out that way

Old 11-23-2010, 12:55 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That allot of riding from Maryland in only two weeks. Think about maybe doing Route 66 or something like that. It's a little lower in the states still stuff to see.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:00 PM
BB4xl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stay South and you will be alright. We went to Yellowstone the 2nd week of Sturgis. I felt the same way you do. Went thru Iowa and Neb on 80. No problems. Bumpy road at least back then. Maybe Skyline and BRP? Or try to change your dates.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Good Time Gang
Tourer

The south in August? you better buy a butt load (literally and metaphorically) if you are going to brave that heat and humidity!

Old 11-23-2010, 01:12 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

I was riding out west during Sturgis this year and it was not a problem and was nice having a lot of bikes around on the road who might be able to help you if you have a problem. You also meet more people just to chat with after riding, these are the guys on the road and they want to chat too. Biggest problem was all the damn waving to each other, I would just keep yourself far enough away so you don't have a problem getting a hotel.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:16 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

"All the posers & trash & idiots...".

purestockracer sounds like the idiot here. Or a troll.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:27 PM
jbnl163
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by purestockracer
I was planning on taking a 2 week bike trip this coming summer & hit some new states I've never been in yet. I picked my vacations, from where I work & was able to get the first 2 weeks in August. I was planning on going through Wisconsin,Minnesota,North & South Dakota, Montana,Nebraska & Iowa. Then I found out, that is the week of Sturgis, .There is no way in hell I'd go out in that area during that !! All the posers & trash & idiots & traffic & crowds & places jacking up their prices & heightened police activity !! No, i'll find somewhere else to go.
Sturgis is an experience most bikers will enjoy, not avoid. South Dakota is incredible and has some of the best riding in the USA.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:27 PM
daleg3556
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish I could be as cool as you.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:28 PM
jrr
Cruiser

... All the posers & trash & idiots & traffic & crowds & ...
RUBs don't go to Sturgis?

Quick Reply: Major Mistake !!!!