General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

renting a bike in vegas...?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 11:49 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Too bad about the weather. Vegas is pretty amazing. I try and get out there with the guys once a year.

GC is awesome. I've been there twice. First time on HD's with the guys I ride with. The second time I took my family. Prop plane ride to GC airport, chopper into the canyon, pontoon ride and hike. Also did the walk on the cantilevered glass platform on the indian reservation.

Try and get out there in May. Weather is great and you will love the riding!

Originally Posted by toastman
vegas was cool as **** i had a great time.

we didn't ride. it was colder than we packed for, we didn't have leathers or even any sort of real jackets at all.

so instead we took a helicopter ride to the grand canyon. figured we can ride anytime we want at home, but we don't have a chopper parked in the driveway lol.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyRanger
Karen at Eagle Riders gives a discount to HDForum members renting Harleys in Las Vegas. Check particulars in this thread here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...las-vegas.html
I rented an Electra Glide Classic from Eagle Rider on Nov. 16. I mentioned HDF and was quoted the $99/day rate, the same one offered on the internet. I toured Red Rock Canyon and attempted a ride to Lake Mead, but the weather was too cold and windy.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:31 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member

Red Rock Canyon is a great ride. Canyons are spectacular.

Too bad you didn't get to Lake Meade. The riding there is amazing. Rode it earlier this year and many of the roads were recently repaved. Park was really empty and we were able to ride pretty hard through much of it, keeping the speedo no lower than 80 MPH and at times 100+.

That is until we came up to the unexpected 'Construction' signs where our speed dropped considerably as we hit about 20 miles of unpaved gravel roads being readied for resurfacing.

Highly recommend riding Lake Meade.

Originally Posted by Geoff
I rented an Electra Glide Classic from Eagle Rider on Nov. 16. I mentioned HDF and was quoted the $99/day rate, the same one offered on the internet. I toured Red Rock Canyon and attempted a ride to Lake Mead, but the weather was too cold and windy.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:40 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Be really careful when renting. A couple of friends of mine rented bikes at the local HD dealership. They rode off to their hotel (the were staying at the Bellagio), they checked in and when they got out there were no bikes. The burglars took the bikes right from the valet area in broad daylight (my guess is that they used duplicate keys to start the bikes without ). They had insurance but still they ended up paying $1,500 USD each.

Mimo.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:33 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

mimo who is the dude in your avatar picture?

Old 11-30-2010, 06:10 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Actor Alfonso Arau impersonating "El Guapo" my all-time favorite antagonic character from the movie "Three amigos". But I look exactly like him, why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTUmczVdik

Mimo.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:20 PM
mdaycb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdaddy33
Red Rock Canyon is a great ride. Canyons are spectacular.

Too bad you didn't get to Lake Meade. The riding there is amazing. Rode it earlier this year and many of the roads were recently repaved. Park was really empty and we were able to ride pretty hard through much of it, keeping the speedo no lower than 80 MPH and at times 100+.

That is until we came up to the unexpected 'Construction' signs where our speed dropped considerably as we hit about 20 miles of unpaved gravel roads being readied for resurfacing.

Highly recommend riding Lake Meade.

Be careful about speeding through Lake Mead, remember is a federal park, therefore if you get a ticket its a federal offense, and they are expensive. My friend got a ticket this spring, it cost him over $400 dollars, he tried everything to knock it down, the local lawyer said there was nothing he could do because it was on federal property.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:19 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member

Thanks for the heads ups. We did see some cops, and I guess we were lucky to avoid getting tickets. It's just hard to keep it at the speed limit when the roads are generally pretty empty and so much fun to ride.

Originally Posted by mdaycb
Be careful about speeding through Lake Mead, remember is a federal park, therefore if you get a ticket its a federal offense, and they are expensive. My friend got a ticket this spring, it cost him over $400 dollars, he tried everything to knock it down, the local lawyer said there was nothing he could do because it was on federal property.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:18 PM
RPS1981
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gonna be in Vegas this weekend. Was toying with the idea of renting a bike to ride to Hoover Dam. Thanks for the info.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:48 AM
Captain Bligh
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I rented a bike from Eagle Riders last month. Had a great time. Had the bike three days. My favorite was the ride through the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. I also did Death Valley which I enjoyed. Red Rock Canyon I rated third. Have a great time.