General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Demo Days again

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:30 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Demo Days again

Road with some buddy's to Demo Days yesterday. Wanted to ride the Road Glides again.
Rode the 103 Road Glide and the SE Road Glide. Both bikes ride nice, however the power from the 110cu is a lot more notisable.
Got on a SE Street Glide, the bike is a lot easier to git on and off, easier to handle when you are running. The 2011 SE Street Glide had hard lowers
with speakers in it. Speakers in the Upper Fariing, and where 2 of the upper guages was they had tweeters in it.
Had a different kind of pipes on it.
I know the Street Glide hits bumps harder than the EG, and the seat will be the 1st thing to go alone with the short windshield. But this is a Super nice bike to ride.

I got a lot of older Rednecks in their 70's telling me they had to sell their Road Kings. The weight just got to be more than they can handle.
Right now I got my EG lowered in the back and don't notise the weight that much. But being retired I got to think to the future if I git one last bike.

Think it might just be a Street Glide

Old 11-20-2010, 08:11 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd like to see Harley make a lighter weight bagger myself

Old 11-20-2010, 08:11 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I demoed all the tourers. I really wanted to like one more than my softail but each time came away more assured than the last that it wasn't happening.

The softail just fits me like an old pair of shoes.

The SG was probably my favorite among the tourers. RG the least but that was mainly because I wasn't used to the fixed fairing.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:14 AM
VTwinJaxFL
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Motorcycle.com did a comparison of the Street Glide with the 103 motor in it against 2 other non HD bikes. They said the 103 only puts out 65 hp at the rear wheel, which was very low in my opinion. My 95 motor puts out 89 hp and I had a 96 that was stock that was putting out 67 hp, not sure what the deal is on that motor.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:16 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by VTwinJaxFL
Motorcycle.com did a comparison of the Street Glide with the 103 motor in it against 2 other non HD bikes. They said the 103 only puts out 65 hp at the rear wheel, which was very low in my opinion. My 95 motor puts out 89 hp and I had a 96 that was stock that was putting out 67 hp, not sure what the deal is on that motor.
I read the shootout comparison. Very fair article

Last edited by schumacher; 11-20-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:20 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

I'm glad Harley offers Demo Days, you can ride all the bikes you want and ride the same one more than once.
Have you rode he softail convertable ?

I've rode everybike harley has and more than once.
Normally make several Demo days a year. and either eat there or go out afterward and eat.
We make a party out of it.
Glad HD offers so many kind of bikes.
Everbody is different heights, weights, short and long legs and riding styles.
And as they progress in life their choices are there to fit them.
The touring family is the bikes I like the best.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:23 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by VTwinJaxFL
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Would be willin to bet yer 95" ain't a stock motor too. Wonder what it put out as STOCK.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:32 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

If ya gonna get that one last bike, go first class and get yourself one of those SE Street Glides.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:04 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by will2002
If ya gonna get that one last bike, go first class and get yourself one of those SE Street Glides.
That's what I was riding yesterday man.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:18 AM
32vld
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cardboard
Road with some buddy's to Demo Days yesterday. Wanted to ride the Road Glides again.
Rode the 103 Road Glide and the SE Road Glide. Both bikes ride nice, however the power from the 110cu is a lot more notisable.
Got on a SE Street Glide, the bike is a lot easier to git on and off, easier to handle when you are running. The 2011 SE Street Glide had hard lowers
with speakers in it. Speakers in the Upper Fariing, and where 2 of the upper guages was they had tweeters in it.
Had a different kind of pipes on it.
I know the Street Glide hits bumps harder than the EG, and the seat will be the 1st thing to go alone with the short windshield. But this is a Super nice bike to ride.

I got a lot of older Rednecks in their 70's telling me they had to sell their Road Kings. The weight just got to be more than they can handle.
Right now I got my EG lowered in the back and don't notise the weight that much. But being retired I got to think to the future if I git one last bike.

Think it might just be a Street Glide
If you can easily afford a touring bike now you should be able to afford to down size later.

So buy and enjoy now while you can.

Quick Reply: Demo Days again