General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a biker psychologist

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010 | 09:59 AM
jarhead59
|
Tourer
Default Need a biker psychologist

Back in the 80's, the last time I was heavily into bikes I would buy and sell 3 or 4 bikes a year get em sound and move on to next one. Well now I have a bike that I searched 6 months to find and I love this bike. I've only had my fxlr a little over a year, but now I've seen a Fatboy for sale and I can't get this bike outta my head. I want this Fatboy in the worst way. I'm not a collector, and havin 2 bikes is just impractical to me and besides I couldn't afford it without sellin the FXR. I'm also not big on mods I like em close to stock so it's not like I want it to put my stamp on. I don't even know if this bike is better than mine it's only a few years newer. It's kinda like when a hot new babe starts at work and ya know you shouldn't be thinkin about her all the time but ya can't shake her outta your head.

do you do this (with the bike)?
have you ever been sorry you sold a good one?

Old 11-19-2010 | 10:36 AM
Bartley1
Advanced

Pretty sure that FXLR will be a more comfortable ride than the Fat Boy. Lookin is good though.

Old 11-19-2010 | 10:41 AM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member

Ask the Hot new babe out on a date and go buy the bike! Problem solved!

Old 11-19-2010 | 10:43 AM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member

I bought "up" by trading my 93 FXR, with cash, for a 94 Road King many years ago. The RK was a great bike and all, but, after about a year I got to missing the FXR. Now that is just me and I am a huge FXR fan. Well I now have another FXR, so all's well that ends well. There will always be another Fat Boy to be had, FXR's less and less all the time. JMO. Looking is fun, buying is expensive. Go with the one that is right for you and good luck.

Old 11-19-2010 | 10:47 AM
Maimas
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bartley1
Pretty sure that FXLR will be a more comfortable ride than the Fat Boy.

Thats a matter of opinion... No one can tell YOU what you will be more comfortable on..

I personally like the Fatboy better. I had an FXDCI and traded it for my Fatboy. Which is more comfortable? To tell you the truth, I loved both bikes, but I just like the fatboy that much more. If I could have, I wouldve kept both.

Take the fatboy for a test ride, and make your decision from there.

Old 11-19-2010 | 10:57 AM
jarhead59
|
Tourer

My problem is if I make the move, in a year will I see a SG or RK that I just gotta have. Or worse yet wish I still had the fxr, and believe me and Artlee they are sweet machines.

Old 11-19-2010 | 11:04 AM
bronxbill
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp

My 91 FXLR is the only bike I really regret selling

Old 11-19-2010 | 11:12 AM
Maimas
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jarhead59
My problem is if I make the move, in a year will I see a SG or RK that I just gotta have. Or worse yet wish I still had the fxr, and believe me and Artlee they are sweet machines.

Sound like you already have your answer...

And from a psychological point of view, you should see someone about your fear of commitment and intimacy...

Last edited by Maimas; 11-19-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-19-2010 | 11:16 AM
Brewers_Fan
Cruiser

I know very few guys who are into bikes or cars who aren't constantly lusting after something else. So, if you trader the FXR you might end up missing it. You also might end up lusting after something else in a year. As long as you don't come out bad on trades and cash, then so what?

That being said, I personally wouldn't get rid of the fxlr just because they ain't making any more of them. Fat Boys are awesome bikes but they're not rare.

Old 11-19-2010 | 11:47 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member

Start a thread bad mouthing Softails and/or the people who ride them. See how many others jump on that and the comments they make.
Then take a ride and enjoy your FXR.
If you happen to see someone on a Softail, it is OK to wave. Pointing and laughing is still considered rude.

Quick Reply: Need a biker psychologist