General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanna be motorcop

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 07:06 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Wanna be motorcop

As i got on to the freeway today on my way from work,there were 4 motorcops that passed by.They were riding 2 by 2 with someone on a regular(not sure what it was)touring bike bringing up the rear.I follwed them at 75 MPH but they must of been doing 80 or so and got way ahead of me.
I thought maybe the guy on the unmarked bike was one of them.
Well finally I caught up to them when the traffic slowed down at the normal spot.Next thing I know they all pulled over to the side of the freeway.
When I passed,one of the cops had his ticket book out standing next to the rider!
Guess they did not like him riding with them.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:27 PM
shucks
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Giving the motocop the wave

On the way to work one morning, I was ripin through the gears and doing the wave to the guy in the opposing lane, only to realize that as we passed, he was a motorcop....he waved back and I kept going and he kept going. My heart slowed to normal when he didn't turn around, unlike to patrol car I had encountered some months prior.

One time as we were returning from a Patriots Guard run from Midway Airpoprt, the local motorcops were riding back with us, without lights of course. It was very cool to be doing 80 down I-55, knowing you were safe from a ticket for the next 23 miles.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Old Sorrel
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shucks
......... I was ripin through the gears and doing the wave to the guy in the opposing lane, only to realize that as we passed, he was a motorcop....he waved back and I kept going and he kept going. .......
Exact same thing happened to me just last week. Only he didn't wave back. But he didn't turn around either.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Dave2261
Cruiser

I don't remember the last time I saw a CHP motorcop not doing less than 80 mph. Another example why as I get older I have developed less respect for police.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:29 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave2261
I don't remember the last time I saw a CHP motorcop not doing less than 80 mph. Another example why as I get older I have developed less respect for police.
Lmao, it's not just the CHP, it's the county and city motors as well. In case you didn't realize it (please don't bite my head off) motors have "Kings X" when it comes to flying down the fwy.

That being said I much rather deal with county or city before a CHP. It is nice to trail behind them down the fwy at a safe distance of course.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:38 PM
semiret
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never had any issues with waving at motor cops. I wave at them, they wave back.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 738 Posts

I see the local State motor cop quite often coming from the dealer. When ever I wave at him he gives me a short blast on the siren. His bike must have more problems than mine cause he is at the dealership often.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Blargh
Road Captain

rather they do 80 in a 70 ...than 70 in a 70.... nothing worse than actually having to peg the speed limit in a rolling traffic jam

Old 11-20-2010, 01:37 PM
whiskyls1
Tourer

Originally Posted by Blargh
rather they do 80 in a 70 ...than 70 in a 70.... nothing worse than actually having to peg the speed limit in a rolling traffic jam
My thoughts exactly!

Old 11-20-2010, 04:33 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave2261
They don't set the speed limit and if you didn't have to obey it, you wouldn't either.

As far as motor cops, those guys can really ride a motorcycle. I've seen the local guys demo very impressive stuff that few non-police riders can match. A while back, one spent hours at an open house at our local HD dealership competing against civilians in things like slow races and demoing tight turns around cones and such. Pretty cool to watch.

Quick Reply: Wanna be motorcop