General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backpacks and Baggers

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010 | 10:57 AM
Biker Oma
Road Master

Boys, boys, if you want to, or need to, carry more and a backpack is the answer, then wear the backpack. In what ever colour or size that suits your cosmic order, I don't see how it could possibly reflect your sexual orientation. You're Big Boys, don't be so insecure. The Mommy in my wants you to use one with a waist strap so the pack stays behind you on a sudden swerve. Then it won't try to 'pass' or 'flip' over you in the event of an oooops. Now, go play nice.

Old 11-18-2010 | 11:01 AM
CEJohnson21
Road Master

It's your bagger. You can wear one on your back, strap one to the seat, and hook one to the luggage rack. I like to travel light, but if you need the room.

Old 11-18-2010 | 12:13 PM
honorsdaddy
Road Master

Originally Posted by harleycharlie1992
nothing looks worse than a backpack on a guy riding a harley, if I cant carry it in my pockets, I don't bring it, period!! if I need stuff, I ride my bagger, with what fits inside, I'm sorry but backpacks are way "gay!!" I know I'm opening a can of worms with this one!!
Some of us ride daily and have to bring a laptop to work. If i keep one bag empty, I can just barely get my laptop bag in there if i dont have much else but the laptop in it.

Call it "gay" all you want. I call it practical.

Old 11-18-2010 | 01:35 PM
wwNightster
Tourer

Love how fashion is the most important aspect to a lot of riders. Sometimes this forum might as well be a fashion show.

Old 11-18-2010 | 07:36 PM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by honorsdaddy
Some of us ride daily and have to bring a laptop to work. If i keep one bag empty, I can just barely get my laptop bag in there if i dont have much else but the laptop in it.

Call it "gay" all you want. I call it practical.
Same here. I carry a laptop bag and work tools, doesn't fit in my saddlebags. I don't have a dedicated cubicle at work, it's a shared work area and I can't leave my stuff overnight.

Call it gay or whatever, but I'd rather ride my bike than drive my car whenever possible

Old 11-18-2010 | 08:39 PM
Oldtigercub
Cruiser

Personally I would never wear a backpack on any bike. If ya have too much stuff to fit in the bags and in your pockets, you are carrying too much stuff!

Old 11-18-2010 | 09:55 PM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master

Originally Posted by Oldtigercub
Personally I would never wear a backpack on any bike. If ya have too much stuff to fit in the bags and in your pockets, you are carrying too much stuff!

Omfg should they just quit their jobs then?? Lol

It's sounds like they are hardcore enough to ride every day even if they have to be less comfortable to do it...are you that dedicated? I'm guessing no.

I absolutely hate it that I have to drive a company car most days to work. It is a treat when I get to. If all that was holding me back from doing it was the fact that I had to carry a laptop, well that is a weak excuse.
I was on the freeway this morning and saw a guy riding his ultra in his slacks and dress shoes, bobbing his head to the music coming from his fairing. I was jealous.

Old 11-19-2010 | 12:23 AM
Oldtigercub
Cruiser

Originally Posted by AThousandHurricanes
Omfg should they just quit their jobs then?? Lol

It's sounds like they are hardcore enough to ride every day even if they have to be less comfortable to do it...are you that dedicated? I'm guessing no.

I absolutely hate it that I have to drive a company car most days to work. It is a treat when I get to. If all that was holding me back from doing it was the fact that I had to carry a laptop, well that is a weak excuse.
I was on the freeway this morning and saw a guy riding his ultra in his slacks and dress shoes, bobbing his head to the music coming from his fairing. I was jealous.
I get jealous too....but sadly have to drive a cargo van at work. 1000 plus pounds of tools and parts won't fit on 2 wheels. If I could ride the bike to a jobsite, I'd be in heaven! I just learned long ago that the weight of a backpack on one's shoulders is amplified by the g-forces one experiences on 2 wheels, and would quickly make me sore. I was just never comfortable with extra weight on my back when riding.

p.s.- I was addressing the OP....not the commuters that stash their laptops on the way to work. Sorry I left that out.

p.p.s - Whatever happenned to "tank bags"? Wasn't that what everyone used to use instead of backpacks?

Last edited by Oldtigercub; 11-19-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-19-2010 | 12:36 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member

If anyone cares about you wearing a backpack whether on a bike or not on a bike, they have issue and mommy didn't love them enough. Who the hell am I to tell some one they look dumb for wearing a backpack...this is going to be a long winter I can tell

Old 11-19-2010 | 12:42 AM
Oldtigercub
Cruiser

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
If anyone cares about you wearing a backpack whether on a bike or not on a bike, they have issue and mommy didn't love them enough. Who the hell am I to tell some one they look dumb for wearing a backpack...this is going to be a long winter I can tell
Grrrrrr.....last winter was long enough!!!!

Quick Reply: Backpacks and Baggers