General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backpacks and Baggers

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010 | 05:30 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

I've used a backpack for years. If I had a full dresser, I think I'd be able to fit it all in the bags.

No one has ever said anything about it. Of course I never asked anyone if it was okay either. I guess I don't worry enough about what other's think I should be doing.

Last edited by Kowan; 11-18-2010 at 05:32 AM.
Old 11-18-2010 | 07:53 AM
rberni
Outstanding HDF Member

I carry my laptop bag strapped to my luggage rack and seat. Doubt I would use a pack strapped to my back though cause I wouldn't want something pulling/pusing at my back in case I had to stop quick or something.

I wouldn't worry about what most the others are saying though. To each his own and if you got that much **** you gotta carry every day then do what you have to do. I would rather look like a f@g and be on my bike then look bad *** cool in my truck because I was afraid of what some ******** said online about wearing a pack on my bike.

Old 11-18-2010 | 08:26 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior

I used to think backpacks on a "biker" looked stupid. Then I woke up one day and realized that my definition of a "biker" is someone that rides even when it's not convenient. Wearing a backpack fits into that thought. (then I realized I don't really give a flying f*ck what people think anymore)

I too ride to and from work and require a backpack to carry my stuff. I do miss the bags on my old Road Kings, but not enough to try and turn my Forty-Eight into something it's not.

Old 11-18-2010 | 08:43 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

the best answer to this question is you shouldn't care about what other people think and do what you have to do when you ride.

that being said, i've ridden with a backpack plenty, i ride to school a lot so i don't have much of a choice on my dyna.

if i had a bagger tho, i don't really see how i'd be carrying THAT much stuff that two saddle bags and a possible tour pack wouldn't be sufficient.

Old 11-18-2010 | 08:45 AM
rocknrick
Road Master

(I hope you are pulling our thread, but if not...) Unless you are on the road, I'm clueless as to what you have to carry in a backpack that wont fit in your saddle bags. I never would, but thats me. Its your life, you do what you want.

Old 11-18-2010 | 08:56 AM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I'll be sport'n my backpack later on today when I go to the grocery store. The saddle bag's will be full, case of Miller Lite (that's right, LITE beer) strapped to the fender rack and the rest in the good ole backpack. For those worried about their manhood, get a black one! I always get lots of looks when I'm pack'n all my groceries away in the parking lot. Hmmm, come to think of it, maybe they're worried I have a backpack! lol And when it gets cold enough, I just might wear my chaps, just not in the store. I do have my standards ya know!

Old 11-18-2010 | 09:16 AM
Healey2Harley
Road Master

[QUOTE=HDBagger93;7547264]I rode my bagger to Glacier NP with a backpack on it

We have a winner! This would be the only reason with a dresser.

I believe I'd still try to mount it some way. I dont like the restriction and loss of control wearing it on a bike.

Old 11-18-2010 | 09:25 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior

[quote=Healey2Harley;7549938]
Originally Posted by HDBagger93
I rode my bagger to Glacier NP with a backpack on it

We have a winner! This would be the only reason with a dresser.

I believe I'd still try to mount it some way. I dont like the restriction and loss of control wearing it on a bike.
I forget I even have a backpack on after 1-2 miles. It's not restrictive even when I have it packed full. No loss of control.

Old 11-18-2010 | 10:00 AM
HERE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SgtThump
I forget I even have a backpack on after 1-2 miles. It's not restrictive even when I have it packed full. No loss of control.

Word...I use a backpack ALOT...but I use the 48 to commute to school several times a week and rarely notice it's even there. I catch more drag from my glittery handlebar tassles.

Old 11-18-2010 | 10:17 AM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior

Not having a hang-up about using a backpack increasing how much I ride by a large margin. Occasionally using a backpack on my 638 pound dyna isn't going to be as always riding a 750+ pound bagger.

Quick Reply: Backpacks and Baggers