General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FOXCREEK up close

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:11 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts
Default FOXCREEK up close

I've been shopping for a new leather and decided I was going with Foxcreek. I usually don't like buying clothing online so my girlfriend and I decided to take a day off work and take the 90 mile ride up to Independence, VA to visit the Foxcreek store. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere but it's a beautiful ride up in the mountains. They have a nice little showroom and Kelly (the girl who works at Foxcreek) was very helpful and friendly.

Initially I was looking at the Classic II but found that I liked the Commander better. It's a good thing I went up there because a size 44 (which I normally wear) had the right length but was a bit tight around the chest & shoulders. A 46 was perfect around the chest/shoulders but was a bit too too long. Kelly suggested I get one custom made, which only costs $80 more. She took my measurements and in 6 to 8 weeks I'll have my jacket. Here's the cool part. I got a $25 HDF discount and another $53.00 discount for coming to the store to buy. So the custom fee only cost me $2. The only downfall is I have to wait to get it. That's ok, we had a fun day off and I know the the jacket will fit right.

In case anyone was wondering what the Foxcreek store was like, I took some photos to share.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:12 AM
StreetGlider57
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard good things about their jackets, but like you I am reluctant to buy on line due to my build. At their prices, I want to try it on before I buy. It sounds like you got a good deal, a good jacket and a nice ride out of it. Enjoy.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:40 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Thats a nice looking store. I am an old country boy so I am partial to the location.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:51 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for sharing. I've had two of their Classic jackets and have two pairs of their gloves. Outstanding quality inside and out. Great folks to deal with. Had to do mine over the phone, but have had no trouble.

I do like my jackets to be a size or two big so i can get a layer or two under it in winter as ride all year.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:53 AM
11bDad
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wait time is unfortunate, but it will be worth it. I have the vented racing jacket and love it.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:01 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 738 Posts

I didn't know F.C. was so close to me. I have to take a ride up there later this week. Thanks for the post.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:41 AM
iupsig97
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased some Fatboy saddlebags from them after reading many good reviews. They were shipped immediately and it wasn't long before they showed up here in PA. So far very impressed with the quality and service.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:30 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a couple of their jackets and vests. I always say when I'm out that way riding I want to check out their store. Nice pics.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:31 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rider1200
I didn't know F.C. was so close to me. I have to take a ride up there later this week. Thanks for the post.
It'll be a nice ride up for you. I was surprised is was so close to me too. Make sure you mention HDF and the in store discount if you go up there to buy something.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:33 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Glad you guys enjoyed it. I figured Foxcreek has so many customers on here that these pics would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: FOXCREEK up close