Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FOXCREEK up close

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 09:07 AM
sh57
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just through Indepedance a couple of weeks ago on a ride. I wish I knew they were there. Just gives me an excuse to go back.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks for the pics. I have one of their vests and love it. My next leather jacket will be from Foxcreek as well

Old 11-18-2010, 10:52 AM
jad
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Langlitz Leathers, 2443 SE Division, Portland, OR 97202. (503)235-0959

Langlitz is the very best and considered that worldwide. A little more expensive than Fox Creek but made exactly to your measurements and made by them. Fox Creek does not make the products they sell.

This is not intended to be a negative post about Fox Creek. I think they sell high quality gear. I have their Elkskin gloves which are very nice. I just bought a jacket from FC and the leather and workmanship are excellent. Unfortunately, the sleeves are too long and the neck is too tight so it will be returned.
Thanks man, I'll be in Longview for Thanksgiving I will try to make a trip there if their open.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:18 AM
vonzoog
Tourer

I was there a couple of weeks ago with my wife driving a diesel truck pulling a 32 foot fifth wheel RV. You should have seen the u-turn I had to do in the parking lot...LOL

Their shop is located a couple of miles north of town and it is a winding road. Great for bike riding but not pulling large trailers.

I bought a belt and the deerskin gloves. Both are high quality and the gloves feel great and it is the closes I have ever felt to riding without gloves while wearing gloves. The deerskin gloves have a great natural feel to them.

By-the-way, I didn't know about any forum discount. After I paid the young lady and left I notice the price I paid was lower than their advertised prices online by a good bit. Maybe I look like someone who reads this forum. You think?

Old 11-18-2010, 03:11 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink Leather

Originally Posted by jad
I purchased a set on leathers both a jacket and chaps form Fox Creek. They were very helpful in sending me a jacket to try before making mine. It was high quality leather and well built.
I would like to mention however that I wanted alterations made and they were unwilling to do any. I wanted the front waist line raised so it didn’t bunch up when seated. They wouldn’t do that so I ask if they could install a double sided zipper. They wouldn’t do that either. The chaps stretch excessively. I had them altered by a local shop twice and they still were stretching so I finally got rid of them and bought some other stuff. I had the new chaps altered once and it hasn’t changed since. Also I purchased brown and the color came off very easy like tape took it off and it scratched off very easy also.
I’m not concerned about the money it costs to have it look and work the way I want it.

Does anyone know a good custom leather worker that would make me a set of custom fit leathers in the Northwest?
go to lanquist on division in portland they make foxcreek look like wallmart, they measure you up and have a mock bike for you to sit on an they take measurements while standing and sitting, took 45 min to go thru every detail and they are the best, they are exp, but that is one reason cops all over the country order from them i have there goatskin, and pants, never understood chaps, not going with the gay thing its just why expose the croth area, anyway check them out my buddy bought a fox creek and for the price point there as good as h.d , but if your looking for the best it ain`t them

Old 11-18-2010, 04:27 PM
CEJohnson21
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I need a new leather jacket and I'm leaning towards Foxcreek. I'll have to buy online because I don't have the time to ride out there.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:30 AM
laduckslayer
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was very disappointed in the quality of their product. Their customer service was horrible once craftsmanship issues with the product were discovered.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:03 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by vonzoog
I was there a couple of weeks ago with my wife driving a diesel truck pulling a 32 foot fifth wheel RV. You should have seen the u-turn I had to do in the parking lot...LOL

Their shop is located a couple of miles north of town and it is a winding road. Great for bike riding but not pulling large trailers.

I bought a belt and the deerskin gloves. Both are high quality and the gloves feel great and it is the closes I have ever felt to riding without gloves while wearing gloves. The deerskin gloves have a great natural feel to them.

By-the-way, I didn't know about any forum discount. After I paid the young lady and left I notice the price I paid was lower than their advertised prices online by a good bit. Maybe I look like someone who reads this forum. You think?
You must have gotten the "in store" discount. They took $53 off my jacket for buying at the store. Or maybe the girl just had a crush on you. lol

Old 11-20-2010, 10:06 AM
vonzoog
Tourer

Originally Posted by DynaMightBuzz
You must have gotten the "in store" discount. They took $53 off my jacket for buying at the store. Or maybe the girl just had a crush on you. lol

I like your way of thinking....................

Old 11-20-2010, 10:12 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by vonzoog
I like your way of thinking....................
LOL Yeah, If I were you I'd go with crush theory. It'll give your wife something to think about.

Quick Reply: FOXCREEK up close