Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FOXCREEK up close

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:09 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Very cool. I'm sure they like props from people. I'm in VA so thats where I'm headed for gloves this month.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:32 PM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the photos. It will sure be worth the wait and now while you may not be able to say you have a custom built Motorcycle you will be able to say "I had it Custom Built". and I went over mine with a fine tooth comb and could not find even so much as a flaw, not one thread out of place or a snap that would not snap right or any thing... not one thing.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:35 PM
junior07
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks fro the write up. I may have to look into getting a custom myself. everything that fits around my chest and waist usually has sleves that are way too short. (I guess I have monkey arms).

Old 11-17-2010, 03:03 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Cool, looks like a Farmall Cub seat on that bike.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:24 PM
jad
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased a set on leathers both a jacket and chaps form Fox Creek. They were very helpful in sending me a jacket to try before making mine. It was high quality leather and well built.
I would like to mention however that I wanted alterations made and they were unwilling to do any. I wanted the front waist line raised so it didn’t bunch up when seated. They wouldn’t do that so I ask if they could install a double sided zipper. They wouldn’t do that either. The chaps stretch excessively. I had them altered by a local shop twice and they still were stretching so I finally got rid of them and bought some other stuff. I had the new chaps altered once and it hasn’t changed since. Also I purchased brown and the color came off very easy like tape took it off and it scratched off very easy also.
I’m not concerned about the money it costs to have it look and work the way I want it.

Does anyone know a good custom leather worker that would make me a set of custom fit leathers in the Northwest?

Old 11-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have two jackets and a vest from FC -- awesome stuff!

Old 11-17-2010, 10:26 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by jad
I purchased a set on leathers both a jacket and chaps form Fox Creek. They were very helpful in sending me a jacket to try before making mine. It was high quality leather and well built.
I would like to mention however that I wanted alterations made and they were unwilling to do any. I wanted the front waist line raised so it didn’t bunch up when seated. They wouldn’t do that so I ask if they could install a double sided zipper. They wouldn’t do that either. The chaps stretch excessively. I had them altered by a local shop twice and they still were stretching so I finally got rid of them and bought some other stuff. I had the new chaps altered once and it hasn’t changed since. Also I purchased brown and the color came off very easy like tape took it off and it scratched off very easy also.
I’m not concerned about the money it costs to have it look and work the way I want it.

Does anyone know a good custom leather worker that would make me a set of custom fit leathers in the Northwest?

Langlitz Leathers, 2443 SE Division, Portland, OR 97202. (503)235-0959

Langlitz is the very best and considered that worldwide. A little more expensive than Fox Creek but made exactly to your measurements and made by them. Fox Creek does not make the products they sell.

This is not intended to be a negative post about Fox Creek. I think they sell high quality gear. I have their Elkskin gloves which are very nice. I just bought a jacket from FC and the leather and workmanship are excellent. Unfortunately, the sleeves are too long and the neck is too tight so it will be returned.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:34 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Langlitz Leathers, 2443 SE Division, Portland, OR 97202. (503)235-0959

Langlitz is the very best and considered that worldwide. A little more expensive than Fox Creek but...
That's quite an understatement. They're closer to 3 times more expensive than Fox Creek. This is not intended to be a negative post about Langlitz. Great product. Wish I could afford one...

Old 11-18-2010, 12:55 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Yeppers it will fit till Thanksgiving and Christmas....then it'll be to tight.... ..

Old 11-18-2010, 08:03 AM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

that is cool that they will do the custom jacket for so cheap. i have a tough time buying off the rack because my chest is larger than my stomach. i don't understand why they cut jackets the way they do. anytime i get a jacket to fit well over my chest and shoulders it's way too loose in the gut (and i don't have a 6 pack or anything, just a normal stomach).

Quick Reply: FOXCREEK up close