General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Famous Bikers

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:43 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 32vld
No. Buell's are just today's Edsel. The bike that people didn't want to buy in large enough numbers to stay in business.

A bike builder that would of not won unless the rules were adjusted so his bikes could win.

He tried his best. But as in many things, World Series, bxing match, America's Cup, you don't get no ring, you get nothin' except the label loser because you came up short.

Not many people can get into the game. So give him that much. Still his effort winds up in the lost column.
now you've done it

Old 11-16-2010, 08:48 AM
32vld
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schumacher
now you've done it
Just wait till Victory's go out of business.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:50 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I was referring to the amount of Buell owners in this forum

Old 11-16-2010, 08:55 AM
wraplock
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dennis Hopper!! He was the unknown loose cannon on the set of the filming of the flick Easyrider. He literally scared the **** out of everyone involved in the movie. Fonda was just some spoiled rich kid making a movie. I never was able to look at Hopper again without seeing him as the renegade in the fringe jacket. I always thought the rest of his life was just an act he was putting on after that. Built more than one of my bikes styled after his ride in the movie. The man was an Icon! Gone to soon...

Old 11-16-2010, 08:58 AM
SoALposer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me thinks that 32vld has a bad case of opticalrectorum.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Cajun King
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The most famous...they have a moco named after them. You might not know their first names but you can't forget their last.

William S. Harley and Arthur Davidson make available to the public the first production Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:47 AM
jarhead59
Tourer

Originally Posted by 32vld
No. Buell's are just today's Edsel. The bike that people didn't want to buy in large enough numbers to stay in business.

A bike builder that would of not won unless the rules were adjusted so his bikes could win.

He tried his best. But as in many things, World Series, bxing match, America's Cup, you don't get no ring, you get nothin' except the label loser because you came up short.

Not many people can get into the game. So give him that much. Still his effort winds up in the lost column.
Most of the bikes we ride have design elements that came from eric buell. he was an engineer with the moco for a long time.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Ramona
Cruiser

Originally Posted by wraplock
Dennis Hopper!! He was the unknown loose cannon on the set of the filming of the flick Easyrider. He literally scared the **** out of everyone involved in the movie. I never was able to look at Hopper again without seeing him as the renegade in the fringe jacket
Have watched that movie a 'few' times and Dennis Hopper never looks relaxed when he is on his bike, doesn't have the smoothness that comes with familiarity with a bike. Watch closely and see him 'duckwalk' his bike, and you'll pick up on his uneasiness or newness to the bike.
Combined with a soundtrack that generally drowned out the sound of the bikes............just sayin'

Old 11-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I saw the thread title, about 4 or 5 names came to mind. All of which have already been mentioned.

My pick for the MOST famous would have to be Evil.
My personal would be Bruce Brown, Malcolm Smith, Steve McQueen, because I love On Any Sunday sooo much.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdm...part-bmx_sport

But I cannot believe in seven pages nobody even mentioned the name Jesse James. You may or may not like him, but talk about a truely famous biker.

Last edited by Hockey Stick; 11-16-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Hardcorvette
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Most famous?

Past: Evel Knievel

Present: Travis Pastrana and Valentino Rossi

Quick Reply: Famous Bikers