General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

teeny tiny little tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 06:20 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default teeny tiny little tail lights

Was behind a bike in the Ram saturday (bobber of some sort) and he had this half dollar size tail light on the thing. You couldn't see it normally, and hitting the brakes didn't make it much brighter.....actually looked as bright as it should have been in the first place with the brakes on.
I'm not knocking what someone else wants to do to their bike.
My question is............

do these guys get pissed when they almost get ran over every time they ride?

Old 11-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Schu, you Victory Weenie. Quitcherbitchin. Not everybody can afford to have a Jedi light saber as their stop light. Heck, with all the chrome and shineestuff on the back of yer bike, I'd wouldn't be surprised to see you at a stop light with a half dozen accolytes on their knees, worshiping yer back bumper! (Nice ride, by the way...got my monk robes ready if you come thru town).

Roo!

Old 11-15-2010, 06:41 PM
schumacher
Club Member

this has nothing to do with my bike.
The car in front of me (directly behind him) almost ran over him when he went to turn left in front of us. The guy yelled at the car, flipped them off. Got me to thinking about what I posted above. They gotta see it coming

Old 11-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

He must be fun to ride in groups with.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Nabubba
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turn signal not visible watch for finger

Old 11-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schumacher
this has nothing to do with my bike.
The car in front of me (directly behind him) almost ran over him when he went to turn left in front of us. The guy yelled at the car, flipped them off. Got me to thinking about what I posted above. They gotta see it coming
Damnation, boy! You is SENSATEEEV. All right, I've had my fun. Now for the serious part.

Half of all car drivers is stupid. Half of them is behind you, and the other half is in front of you. Of that second half, half of them is eating a Sloppy Joe, texting their oncologist, folding a map, or copping a feel. They don't see your headlights unless you got a three-light rig with modulated beams and even then it helps to have blue strobes. The first half...the ones behind you...have just spilled coffee, dropped their cellphone, got felt up, or are basking in the afterglow of a satisfying flatulation. They have forgotten whether their right foot is on the brake or the accelerator, and an empirical test is much more reliable than actually looking.

The point is this. Life is dangerous. Motorcycles make it more dangerous. Smart bikers weave a little when approaching a stop sign, 'cause it makes 'em look bigger. Dumb bikers pick fights with finger gestures, 'cause they think they ARE bigger than the truck they just communicated with.

Oh, yeah. Half of the rest of the cars have loaded guns under their seats. Be polite, not "cool". Ride to live. Live to grow old.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:27 PM
schumacher
Club Member

not bein SENSATEEEV......just didn't want the thread going in the Vic direction

Old 11-15-2010, 07:29 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Was behind a bike in the Ram saturday (bobber of some sort) and he had this half dollar size tail light on the thing. You couldn't see it normally, and hitting the brakes didn't make it much brighter.....actually looked as bright as it should have been in the first place with the brakes on.
I'm not knocking what someone else wants to do to their bike.
My question is............

do these guys get pissed when they almost get ran over every time they ride?
The aftermarket integrated blinker/taillight kits kids install on their bikes are just as bad visability wise. Why ruin ascetics with functionality (sarcasm)

Last edited by fat_tony; 11-17-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

not bein SENSATEEEV......just didn't want the thread going in the Vic direction
So, now yer sayin' Victories have superior tali light huh? Why don't you go back over to yer Vic Forum?

Seriously though. It is his life, but he is gonna cut it short with weak *** lights.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:27 AM
SeLFiSh 1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's one thing that has me questioning what to do myself. My bike will be my dailey driver and want to install the LED strip under the rear fender, but then I question is it going to be visable enough to see durring the day.

Quick Reply: teeny tiny little tail lights