General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank you

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 09:44 AM
MADDOG187
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rmatt34
Who ever put that image together is retarded... There should be a belgium flag in the background if the soldier is going to salute with his left arm...

WTF !!!!
looks right handed to me

Old 11-11-2010, 09:49 AM
rmatt34
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MADDOG187
looks right handed to me
look at the shoulders and the direction they slope and the arm in the back..it's definitely a left handed salute..

They flipped the image to fit in the layout...

Last edited by rmatt34; 11-11-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Rick-e
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at it again, as if you are looking over his rt shoulder...he's quartering away.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:04 AM
98windrider
Intermediate

Happy Veteran's Day to all who have served, currently serving.To those who have gone on or never returned you will NEVER be forgotten. God bless You, and again THANK YOU!

US Army 1986 - 1994
Desert Shield, Desert Storm 1990 - 1991

Old 11-11-2010, 10:04 AM
rmatt34
Road Master

okay, try doing what he is doing with a right handed salute with your left shoulder higher than your right..

not only that , if you were looking at his back you wouldn't see his pocket..the shoulder that is higher is the one that is closer to you... his right in the pic..

also look at the arm that is saluting , if it was from over the shoulder the arm would be contorted ...

AND.. if you were looking over his right shoulder , you wouldn't see the radius of his left arm..it would be on the other side of his body...

I'm a graphic designer, you're going to have to trust me on this one.. I can tell who ever did it was unskilled or lazy..look at the top of the eagles had and how poorly it was imaged on there.. there are many more problems with the layout.....I see this crap all the time.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I am a veteran and this person put laziness ahead of his/her patriotism and it's very disrespectful..

Last edited by rmatt34; 11-11-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:11 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Thanks, I remember.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:16 AM
smokehiker
Road Captain

Just finished watching (TV) the Laying of the Wreath Ceremony at The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

I'm proud of our military and proud to be an American. Also proud to have served '71-'73 (Lottery winner).

Thanks to all of you that have served and are currently serving.

Never forget 9/11 and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice defending OUR FREEDOM.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:23 AM
NorCal Dog
Road Master

you're welcome,,, & many thanks to our brothers & sisters still serving in the USA, USAF, USN, USMC, & the USCG.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:24 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,350 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Originally Posted by MADDOG187
im British and ive got the utmost respect for those men and women who defend our countries and our freedoms , i just wish our goverments would stop sending our brave servicemen into **** hole countries to die for A political agenda , there were no weapons of mass destruction in iraq ,this was known by bush and blair at the time but they still sent them , the blood of the brave soldiers who have made the utimate sacrifice is on there hands , they are our sons and daughter and parents , not political pawns . that said , i wear my poppy with pride and support those who are serving and those who have served , my dad and grandad included xxx god bless all of them
You can grouse all you want about the reasons for fighting but the problem/fact of the matter is that wars are fought for political agendas. Bet that the soldiers in the Roman legions who crossed into Spain, the Greeks soldiers at Thermopylae, Harold's troops at the Battle of Hastings, British, French and Germans in the Somme offensive of 1916, soldiers and officers (American and Filipino) who suffered through the Bataan Death March, my buddies who perished at the Tien Sha Boat Ramp, current OEF/IEF troops...all of them and us probably wondered at some point .... why did we, why do we fight.

Guess for me it was about believing that we could make a difference, that at the end of the day, maybe there would be a better world in which to live. My grandpa (dad's side) fought in WWl, my dad in WWll, grandpa (mom's side) WWll, me Viet Nam. Read some of my dad's letters to my mom he wrote when he was overseas. No politics, just a young man's dreams and hopes for change.

I was a volunteer, as were my dad and grandpas. Never played the blame game (still fighting the VA on a couple of issues though). Bottom line is that we owe our servicemen a great deal and today is a day for tribute to those who have gone before and who today continue to ensure that we are free men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lmnpWob9PM

Old 11-11-2010, 11:04 AM
woman
Tourer

Originally Posted by panz4ever
You can grouse all you want about the reasons for fighting but the problem/fact of the matter is that wars are fought for political agendas. Bet that the soldiers in the Roman legions who crossed into Spain, the Greeks soldiers at Thermopylae, Harold's troops at the Battle of Hastings, British, French and Germans in the Somme offensive of 1916, soldiers and officers (American and Filipino) who suffered through the Bataan Death March, my buddies who perished at the Tien Sha Boat Ramp, current OEF/IEF troops...all of them and us probably wondered at some point .... why did we, why do we fight.
Bottom line is that we owe our servicemen a great deal and today is a day for tribute to those who have gone before and who today continue to ensure that we are free men.
Thank you.

Quick Reply: Thank you