General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep Ethanol Free Gas Available, Petition

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 11:13 AM
osirisdean
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rocknrick
Well, it seems to state ALL petitions are worthless - not just e-petitions. Yeah, voting is actually a petition as well. But if we don't try to stand together somehow on the issues important to each of us (any - not necessarily this one), we are just cattle. I'm number 762 of 10,000.
voting is more than a petition because it is *directly* telling the people in charge what you want, and they are (more or less) obligated to listen and oblige. e-petitions are just mouseclicks on some random website that the people in charge probably wont ever see, and surely wont ever give a damn about.

if you want your voice to be heard, make sure you're speaking in the right forum.

(no disrespect intended.)

Old 11-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Nightrider2
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by xxxflhrci
Online petitions are pretty much worthless:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp

Say's the corn farmer, :] ha,ha,

Old 11-11-2010, 02:50 PM
vtwinbob
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i signed up for what it's worth, i use this site to see were the good stuff is, just pick your state, and hope one is close.
http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=MO

Old 11-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 391 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by osirisdean
voting is more than a petition because it is *directly* telling the people in charge what you want, and they are (more or less) obligated to listen and oblige. e-petitions are just mouseclicks on some random website that the people in charge probably wont ever see, and surely wont ever give a damn about.

Perhaps contacting Lisa Jackson, EPA Administrator directly would be better? I dunno. jackson.lisap@epa.gov

I contacted the local bulk plant here in Westover WV. They do not blend alcohol in their gas (except a small amount for winter gas). But they only sell to industrial users. He told me he thought all the gasoline for northern WV's gas stations comes out of Pittsburgh and all of it has alcohol so we have no choice, locally.

Last edited by Ridewva; 11-11-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:47 PM
rocknrick
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by osirisdean

if you want your voice to be heard, make sure you're speaking in the right forum.

(no disrespect intended.)
None taken... All is good in the world. Of course, I haven't seen any politicians listen around this area.

Old 11-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Colorado Mac
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 359 Likes on 276 Posts

The reality is that the ethanol political lobby throws its influence (and campaign donations) around to those in Congress. Serious money. I highly doubt an online petition is going to make a Congressman not take the cash from the lobby and not do what it wants. Simple as that - money talks in DC and you know what walks.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:20 PM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you really think the epa gives a **** what the americian people want

Old 11-11-2010, 09:25 PM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 102 Likes on 38 Posts

Signed

Old 11-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Fossil
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can sign a hundred online petitions and none of them will have the power of one hand written letter. If you want to complain about ethanol then send a hand written letter to your congress man. Hand written letters shakes them up as they know a voter has taken the time to write a complaint to them.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:42 PM
rocknrick
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

After watching Jesse Ventura's Comspiracy Theory tonight, I am further convinced that those in Washington only do what they are told or get money for. So if money or leverage can be gained by putting ethanol in gasoline, it will be done... But we still have to try, dont we?

Quick Reply: Keep Ethanol Free Gas Available, Petition