General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moving to Memphis,Tn

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 06:52 AM
wsteed
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rodnock
. Detroit held the title of Murder City for more years than anywhere. NOLA holds that title now....
For a long time, in the 70's Pine Bluff, Arkansas held that dubious honor.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:27 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

My condolences…..

Old 11-20-2010, 07:53 AM
rodnock
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bwana1
3 miles from Bumpus sounds more like Bartlett than Raliegh

Bwana
We are 1/2 mile from Bartlett south of Stage rd. So far everyone has been very friendly. Kind of brings back memories of when I lived a few years in East Texas when I was a kid back in the late 50's. Everyone smiled then and said Ya'll come back now!

Old 11-20-2010, 09:28 AM
xwhyz1959
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,553 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by TxCowboy
...and flat as a table top!

You'll need to go east to get into anything close to a hill and twisties.
Never been to the Ozarks have you?? Just 2 or 3 hours from Memphis. Smoothest roads I ever seen. Rode for 3 days till I seen my first pot hole.

Last edited by xwhyz1959; 11-20-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:42 AM
streetglide44
Road Captain

I live in Tipton County, cheaper taxes, crime virtually none, property less expensive. I work in Memphis but that's as far as that goes.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:33 PM
CEJohnson21
Road Master

I hope by next Spring you post what you think of Memphis. I'm probably going to ride back next spring to visit friends and look at property. I would like to hear what you think.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:41 PM
dano309
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

say hello to Elvis ,if ya see him............lol

Old 11-20-2010, 07:14 PM
rodnock
Road Warrior

Here's my opinion of Memphis so far. Traffic is heavy, weather is great so far (70's this weekend), people have been very friendly so far. I have been warned to get renters insurance, always carry, and stay in after dark. I will get the insurance. Staying in after dark is not an option as my dog makes me take him out before bed. Oh ya and Comcast tech support sucks big d#ck. Those dumbasses can't even get my remote to control my dvr after 4 tries (2 new remotes, 2 diff cable boxes and 2 hours on phone with tech support (guy had an accent from an asian country that makes their women put dots on their headsand the men wear turbans). Actually I like it here so far. I can be out of town in the countryside in 5 minutes. Might be flat but it is rural and I LIKE rural. I do need the names of some places that have excellent barbecue. I don't mean the high dollar fancy *** places, I mean places that have real down home smoked in a pit barbecue. Paper plates and paper towel get your hands messy type places.

Thanks for all the info and comments. This is what makes this forum so great.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Ethyl
Cruiser

I live in Olive Branch, if you are interested, Bumpus Collierville has a wonderful HOG chapter! My fave BBQ place is Corky's!

Old 11-22-2010, 09:52 AM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote=rodnock;7560114]Here's my opinion of Memphis so far. Traffic is heavy, weather is great so far (70's this weekend), people have been very friendly so far. I have been warned to get renters insurance, always carry, and stay in after dark. I will get the insurance. Staying in after dark is not an option as my dog makes me take him out before bed. Oh ya and Comcast tech support sucks big d#ck. Those dumbasses can't even get my remote to control my dvr after 4 tries (2 new remotes, 2 diff cable boxes and 2 hours on phone with tech support (guy had an accent from an asian country that makes their women put dots on their headsand the men wear turbans). Actually I like it here so far. I can be out of town in the countryside in 5 minutes. Might be flat but it is rural and I LIKE rural. I do need the names of some places that have excellent barbecue. I don't mean the high dollar fancy *** places, I mean places that have real down home smoked in a pit barbecue. Paper plates and paper towel get your hands messy type places.

welcome glad you made it here safe and hope you enjoy your stay here in the area of the mighty Mississppi, BBQ places near you would be A&R BBQ on stage rd headed east toward Wolfchase mall, then there is Corkys on German
town parkway, intersection of GT pwy and Dexter and the best is Renedezvous on 2ND street downtown Memphis great atmosphere and ribs Memhis can be fun, but you can't walk around empty handed or empty headed, be aware of whats around you, don't get lost going Downtown. i grew up in south Memphis and even i don't go there anymore, not with out sweet Sue(Glock 23) and a full tank and the traffic is about to get even worst especially in the areas of Wolfchase, Germantown pwy and Stage Christmas shopping OMG

Quick Reply: Moving to Memphis,Tn