General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sliders Kevlar Riding Jeans

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010 | 05:27 PM
HOG_0308
|
Road Warrior
Default Sliders Kevlar Riding Jeans

I love my scoot, and i know i wear a lot of protection when i ride. i always ride with my FXRG jacket and gloves, Aria full face and steel toe boots. has anyone wore, or purchased Sliders Kevlar Motorcycle Riding Jeans 3.0? i was thinking about getting a pair, or is it a little too much overbord?

Old 11-08-2010 | 05:48 PM
tracey87
Tourer

As someone who has skidded down the road. I would say that you are not going overboard. The road rash is far more painful than broken bones. I broke my collar bone and sternum and the road rash hurt worse.

Old 11-08-2010 | 08:34 PM
HOG_0308
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by tracey87
As someone who has skidded down the road. I would say that you are not going overboard. The road rash is far more painful than broken bones. I broke my collar bone and sternum and the road rash hurt worse.
Sorry to hear it bro. Glad youre okay. when i went through the Riders Edge and a year later the Skilled Riders Course one thing they alway re-Enforce, "All of the Equipment, All of the Time" (AEAT). Even on those days when it is really hot, everyone is chillin with tank tops and skid lids. i get chit from the boys, but its okay.

i saw a friend go down a few months back and he was all geared up, but his jeans shreaded and he was all road rashed up on the legs. i have been thinking about what type of pants i could wear. i didn't want to ware leather pants and my chaps are too high. then i heard of these pants and thought i would give them a try.

Old 11-08-2010 | 08:38 PM
ROMPUS
Road Master

they are very effective.I have seen some short video on Youtube about them.

Old 11-08-2010 | 08:40 PM
du510
Tourer

I haven't gone down in em, but I have a pair of their cargos. Real comfortable.

JR-Boston
Tourer
Default Kevlar

I went down wearing a Kevlar shirt, and Kevlar lined jeans. I got road rash up the fore arm, and lacerations on the shins. The Kevlar didn't tear, or shred. It still took skin off, but the wounds were clean & didn't need to be scrubbed.

Kevlar helps, but it's no substitute for leather.

JR

SeeMeDo
Road Warrior

I use mesh riding pants very cool even cooler then jeans have liners for when it gets cooler. I catch crap from the bar flys and a very good friend but hey Its my choice and it's nice to wear shorts under the mesh to walk around in.

Old 11-08-2010 | 08:48 PM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by SeeMeDo
I use mesh riding pants very cool even cooler then jeans have liners for when it gets cooler. I catch crap from the bar flys and a very good friend but hey Its my choice and it's nice to wear shorts under the mesh to walk around in.
What brand/model riding pants do you have? I've wondered about wearing shorts or comfortable pants under a pair,

Old 11-09-2010 | 04:13 PM
thebarzeen
Cruiser

I like my Sliders jeans.... they are really comfortable, and the kevlar areas are nice and thick..... haven't tested them yet.

I also like my colorado chaps ( google them).... Kevlar chaps with knee armor.... cost about as much as one pair-o- sliders too

Old 11-09-2010 | 04:33 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by HOG_0308
I love my scoot, and i know i wear a lot of protection when i ride. i always ride with my FXRG jacket and gloves, Aria full face and steel toe boots. has anyone wore, or purchased Sliders Kevlar Motorcycle Riding Jeans 3.0? i was thinking about getting a pair, or is it a little too much overbord?
I'd say you're a pretty smart guy.

Quick Reply: Sliders Kevlar Riding Jeans