General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My bike is a "Shrine" ??????

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 02:49 PM
4 inch pistons
Road Master
Received 142 Likes on 82 Posts
Default My bike is a "Shrine" ??????

I got my insurance card back on my Ultra Classic and the model listed is FLHTCUI Shrine. Does that mean this model was a model used by the Shriners such as the Police model was made for law enforcement? Or does it mean that I should bow down and burn incense 3 times a day while standing next to it?

Old 11-06-2010, 02:52 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,664 Likes on 946 Posts

The former. Although I think all Shriner bikes are made to be sold to members, I don't know if they all actually are.

Old 11-06-2010, 03:08 PM
4 inch pistons
Road Master

I guess the next question is "What is different about the Shriner model?" see pictures--It is loaded with factory (not after market) chrome.

Attached Thumbnails My bike is a "Shrine"  ??????-img_3033.jpg   My bike is a "Shrine"  ??????-img_3022.jpg   My bike is a "Shrine"  ??????-img_3023.jpg   My bike is a "Shrine"  ??????-img_3027.jpg   My bike is a "Shrine"  ??????-img_3034.jpg  

Old 11-06-2010, 03:19 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't the Shriner model have.......well, Shiner emblems all over it? Maybe the person putting in info for the card print hit the wrong line on the drop down menu of their program.

Have your local dealer run the vin #.

Old 11-06-2010, 03:33 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

All that chrome must have been added by the former owner because "Shrine" bikes, to my knowledge, are as bone stock as any other regular bike. For what it's worth, there are lots of "Shrine" bikes on the road, mine included. Peace Officer and Firefighter Edition bikes are titled as "Shrine".

Old 11-06-2010, 03:38 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
All that chrome must have been added by the former owner because "Shrine" bikes, to my knowledge, are as bone stock as any other regular bike. For what it's worth, there are lots of "Shrine" bikes on the road, mine included. Peace Officer and Firefighter Edition bikes are titled as "Shrine".
Yep, looks like a peace officer bike. Should be a few little badges, unless they were swapped out.

Old 11-06-2010, 03:45 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Shrine bikes are only good for going 5mph while weaving in and out during parades.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Oldtigercub
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same bike! Well, the same paint scheme. I seem to recall my insurance rep referring to it as a "Shriner" edition, although the dealer called it a "Peace Officer Edition". I think that the VIN numbers given to "Peace Officer", "Fire Fighter" and "Shrine" editions indicate just indicate a special edition production run, and that insurance companies just interpret them all as "Shrine" bikes, possibly because the Shriners were the first organization to buy so many identical bikes for so long.
Typically the Shriner's bikes that I have seen are all white.

p.s.- I'm not sure about burning incense, but a little "Holy bike wax" is always useful!

Last edited by Oldtigercub; 11-06-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:17 PM
4 inch pistons
Road Master

I am not sure how truthful or knowledgable the origional owner was, but he said he installed the eagles on the bags and the rest is mostly stock. The air cleaner has no markings for Police or Firefighter-(see picture above)- only stock. Also, I did not think they did special versions
being an Ultra Classic model? I'm just asking cuz I don't know.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:19 PM
4 inch pistons
Road Master

Originally Posted by Oldtigercub
I have the same bike! Well, the same paint scheme. I seem to recall my insurance rep referring to it as a "Shriner" edition, although the dealer called it a "Peace Officer Edition". I think that the VIN numbers given to "Peace Officer", "Fire Fighter" and "Shrine" editions indicate just indicate a special edition production run, and that insurance companies just interpret them all as "Shrine" bikes, possibly because the Shriners were the first organization to buy so many identical bikes for so long.
Typically the Shriner's bikes that I have seen are all white.

p.s.- I'm not sure about burning incense, but a little "Holy bike wax" is always useful!
I was typing while you posted! Thanks. I'll be sure to always wash wi with holy water, too.

Quick Reply: My bike is a "Shrine" ??????