General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My bike is a "Shrine" ??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 09:22 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by blacktopr
My tassel is 16 inches long as well and as a Shriner and harley rider for over 30 years .Let me give you others a few facts on the "Shine bikes " A unit in the Shrine can choose any color (in that years color palate) they want and order the bikes through that program .They are for regular run bikes except for the all white with the shine pinstriping .As far as pricing they may get a group discount as they buy close to 800 bikes a year through different groups that are associated with the Shrine .So what!

These guys are all volenteer and avid riders for the most part They were buying alot of bikes even during the AMF days .Shriners have alot of fun and if you want to find out more take time to ask one what its all about and they will tell you

Do somthing more with your life than taking care of your own **** and find out what its like to help a guy or his family that you hardley know .
Take care and good riding

“Es Selamu Aleikum!”
Well said Hiram
2B1 ASK1

Last edited by firefighter616; 02-05-2012 at 09:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Rik E Ric (DJ RUKUS) (03-13-2023)
Old 02-05-2012, 10:07 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
Shrine bikes are only good for going 5mph while weaving in and out during parades.
best answer so far

Old 02-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

My RK standard shows up as a "Shrine" on my insurance printout also. Absolutely nothing Shrine or special edition about it, just a plain, stock RK. I've always wondered about this too. I gave up wondering, just some computer quirk I figured.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:25 PM
11Heritage
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do somthing more with your life than taking care of your own **** and find out what its like to help a guy or his family that you hardley know .
Take care and good riding

I have got to agree. I have a son that has been helped tremendously by the Shriners Hospital. He is in a whole lot better situation because of them. Those folks are the nicest and caring people that I have ever met. Any time I can, I pay it forward. My son and I thank you for all of your great work.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:14 AM
acemang1
6th Gear

I know the joking was done in jest and I'm ok with that. However there are those out there who mock what the Shriners do and in those cases I get pissed. I have worked for Shriners Hospital Sacramento for 11 years, and the things I see that are done for these kids, all thanks to the Shriners in their hats going out everyday and raising money, is an amazing thing. I am a grown 43 year old man and I still get tears in my eyes when I see what has happened to these kids, due accidents or even in some cases abuse and through it all their spirits are not broken. On the second floor of the hospital I find myself every work day playing video games, air hockey, etc, to smiling faces, faces of children who have been victims to horrible fires and it makes my day, week and even year to know that the Shriners do this all for the love of helping people. I am sorry I went off on a tangent on this. So, enjoy your Shrine and think happy thoughts

Old 04-25-2013, 02:09 PM
bebowebb
Road Master

As a Shrine Noble and new Road King owner, I can tell you that Shriner both work hard and play hard. You will never meet a more dedicated order of men who focus on helping burned and orthopedic children.

To be honest, one of the deciding factors in purchasing my Harley is because I am a Shriner.

In a parade at 5 mph and wearing my Fez or on the open road enjoying the ride - I will proudly ride my RK and represent the Shrine.

As the saying goes... "We ride so kids can walk"

Old 12-07-2013, 04:44 PM
blacktopr
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bebowebb
As a Shrine Noble and new Road King owner, I can tell you that Shriner both work hard and play hard. You will never meet a more dedicated order of men who focus on helping burned and orthopedic children.

To be honest, one of the deciding factors in purchasing my Harley is because I am a Shriner.

In a parade at 5 mph and wearing my Fez or on the open road enjoying the ride - I will proudly ride my RK and represent the Shrine.

As the saying goes... "We ride so kids can walk"
Well said my brother

Old 12-07-2013, 06:48 PM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
Shrine bikes are only good for going 5mph while weaving in and out during parades.
When I was in the Shrine Motor Corps in the mid-eightys we actually approached the breakneck speed of 10 MPH when doing figure 8's. Seriously, we had some guys on our drill team who I would have put up against any Motor Squad I have seen to date, they usually always won at competitions.

Last edited by streeteagle; 12-07-2013 at 06:52 PM.