General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REI visit HD vs BMW

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 09:46 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=TwiZted Biker;7507205]Hands down the best riding coat for the money I've found waterproof , warm and gosh almighty I going to use a bad word AFFORDABLE .

[url]

thanks for the hot stock tip Twizted, I've seen similar jackets sell for 2, 3 or 4 times that much with the same insulation.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:01 AM
obonaven
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1plumr1
REI is a green tree hugging, zealot organization trying to stop shared use of public lands (eliminating motorized vehicles). Being active in pro shared use organizations such as SAWS, blue ribbon coalition, WSSA (all snowmobile aligned), I have a little insight in to their political agenda. Personally, I wouldn't set foot in one of their stores, regardless what they sell.
CRAP! I had no idea I was on Treehugger.com. It's all Blah, Blah, Blah to me.

BTW: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...orum-b-29.html

Last edited by obonaven; 11-08-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:08 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 1plumr1
REI is a green tree hugging, zealot organization trying to stop shared use of public lands (eliminating motorized vehicles). Being active in pro shared use organizations such as SAWS, blue ribbon coalition, WSSA (all snowmobile aligned), I have a little insight in to their political agenda. Personally, I wouldn't set foot in one of their stores, regardless what they sell.
REI is just a co-op. You can join it, not join it and still shop there, or take your business elsewhere.

But, they, as a company, do what the membership wants. So, yes, they support things like preservation, because that's what the majority of their members want.

I can understand why REI is that way, though. They began in Seattle. Out in Washington, it used to be pretty bad. The woods you walked through on your fishing trip every year for 10 years might be clear-cutted the next time you return. It was pretty out of control for a while.

Things are better regulated now, of course, but only because, I would argue, there are advocates on both sides of the issue, forcing regulatory agencies to find a balance.

Here in Bozeman, the REI is right next to a Sportsman's Warehouse. Everything you ever need to know about the two cultures in America is summed up right there

Old 11-08-2010, 03:48 PM
TheBlackBastard
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by faber
Here in Bozeman, the REI is right next to a Sportsman's Warehouse. Everything you ever need to know about the two cultures in America is summed up right there
Awesome. I love it...And I shop at both stores!

Old 11-08-2010, 04:41 PM
jvalny
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear a heated liner under my leather jacket. I also have heated gloves. When the weather turns cold, I wouldn't leave home without them. I ride all year round as long as there is no ice or snow on the ground.