General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets see your Garage/Harley's Home.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 07:51 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 607 Likes on 278 Posts

I posted in here a while back but since then I have built a new garage. My old one was just an attach garage that came with the house, so my wife and kid had an excuse to walk through it from time to time. So I decided to build me a detached garage dedicated to the bikes that no oner except me would be going in and out. Here are a few pics.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:55 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
.......... Neil & the Horse
............... yeah, that.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:53 AM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

After reading threw the whole thread I'll enter my hideway, knowing that it doesn't come close what many of you guys have. But I've spent many enjoyable hours in it. It's 17x28, basically a 2 car turned end wise due to the layout of the house on the property. There's a refrigerator on the left wall next to the wooden cabinet, a stereo system built in with speakers in the ceiling. It's a bit of a squeak, but I can back the bike in with the car in the garage.

Last edited by Deucedog; 12-02-2014 at 12:56 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:40 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 607 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by groupw
.......... Neil & the Horse
............... yeah, that.

Yeah the yellow one is just a reprint of a European tour but the one on the right is an original movie poster for the "rockumentary" Year of The Horse. If you are a Neil Young fan and have never seen the film you should watch it. Its pretty damn awesome. I think its on Netflix.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 583 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
Ok, what's up with the giant wooden ***** on your workbench?
Originally Posted by Piloto
I'm not the only one that noticed that...
I frequent a Tiki Bar and every so often they have a Tiki Carver that comes in and carves live in the bar. The Tiki's are then raffled off as prizes later that night.

On one particular night the carver announced that he was tired of people coming up to him at the end of night and claiming that they bought a bunch of raffle tickets and didn't win dick for it.

So... he carved a dick, and the person who won it would be the person who bought the most tickets and didn't win anything during the earlier raffles.

I think that I ended up buying $50 in tickets that night but then I started thinking that $50 might be what someone else bought in for, so I bought one more ticket for $2. At the end of the night he asked for everyone that bought $40 or more to come forward, and people gradually sat back down as he asked who had the next highest number of tickets. Eventually we were up to the people that bought $50 worth and it was me and this girl left.

As it turned out, I beat her out by that $2.

After getting it home, my girlfriend announced that it wasn't going in the house or the back patio, so on the workbench it went and that's where it stays.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Ezridr60
Tourer

Received 122 Likes on 47 Posts

Still a little work left to do. I want to stud up a wall around the remaining concrete and insulate. I get a lot of condensation on the walls, installing a ceiling fan has helped a lot

Attached Thumbnails Lets see your Garage/Harley's Home.-img_0517.jpg   Lets see your Garage/Harley's Home.-img_0496.jpg  
Old 12-08-2014, 11:19 AM
enginesludge
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothin fancy, but they are all under a roof and I have space to work even if I have to juggle stuff around. Lifes big challenges are: space, money and time. Time being the one that no one can beat.

Attached Thumbnails Lets see your Garage/Harley's Home.-garage-0-.jpg   Lets see your Garage/Harley's Home.-garage-1-.jpg   Lets see your Garage/Harley's Home.-garage-2-.jpg   Lets see your Garage/Harley's Home.-garage-3-.jpg  
Old 12-08-2014, 11:52 AM
OLDDEADEYE
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ezridr60
Still a little work left to do. I want to stud up a wall around the remaining concrete and insulate. I get a lot of condensation on the walls, installing a ceiling fan has helped a lot
Looks like a nice useable space. I especially like the floor drain and the wood ceiling is cool.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

My little 1 car garage went from this.

To this. Still a work inprogress. Not a whole lot of room but it works.

Old 12-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Summer Heat
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Her Summer/Winter home.... come on summer

Attached Thumbnails Lets see your Garage/Harley's Home.-patriotic-barn.jpg  

Quick Reply: Lets see your Garage/Harley's Home.