General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have great neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 09:42 PM
TSD1959
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I have great neighbors

I live in a fairly small condo complex, so everyone knows almost everyone else. Yesterday, as I walked near a group of ladies all chit-chatting, one of them called me over. She said " We always hear you when you start your motorcycle and ride away". I replied " Sorry, I know it's kinda loud". She said "No, that's OK, we love your Harley. It's just that everyone worries when you go because we know how many stupid drivers there are that don't watch out for motorcycles". Another one chimed in " But we also hear you when you come back so we know you got home safely".

I thanked them for their thoughtfulness and assured them I am constantly watching out for idiot drivers not paying attention. As I walked away, I had that really warm feeling knowing that they care enough to always be concerned about my safety.

I hope all of you are lucky enough to have neighbors like mine.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:51 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are they hot?

Old 11-04-2010, 09:55 PM
icewater103
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am. There are several of us on the mountain and the neighbors have told me that they find it reasuring having us around because people don't screw around up here. The elderly couple up the road said they always feel better at night after they hear one of us come up the mountain.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:59 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,651 Likes on 2,536 Posts

As long as my neighbors keep their dogs quiet (& they do) don't play rap music (they're too old) and don't have screaming brats (no kids on my block) I'm happy!

Old 11-04-2010, 10:05 PM
CEJohnson21
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of my neighbors like me, the others put up with me. There are a couple of other guys on the street that ride, and we sometimes ride together. None of the bikes are too loud, and we don't ride fast in the hood. We all try to be good neighbors. All in all, not a bad set up.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:09 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dickey
As long as my neighbors keep their dogs quiet (& they do) don't play rap music (they're too old) and don't have screaming brats (no kids on my block) I'm happy!
LOL! I have neighbors like you...

I also have large noisy birds, I play loud music (once in great while rap), the grandkids love yellin/screamin and splashin around in the pool...

But... At least I keep the key in my ridin mower! Just incase they think I've been a little lax in manicuring my lawn! (I bought a yard with my house, not a LAWN!)

Last edited by CroK; 11-06-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:10 PM
artz
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by icewater103
I am. There are several of us on the mountain and the neighbors have told me that they find it reasuring having us around because people don't screw around up here. The elderly couple up the road said they always feel better at night after they hear one of us come up the mountain.
its a great feeling to be wanted THAT much !

Old 11-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Johnny 5
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my brother and i were living in this house that we bought together, well the next door couple were amazing, they knew that both of us were living almost paycheck to paycheck and constantly came over with lasagna, pasta, any food really. they also didnt mind us working on our bikes or my brothers mud racing truck in the middle of the night. hell the husband would usually sneek out of the house and bring us some beers and sit there and chit chat with us.

Eventually they moved away after retiring and buying a really nice house outside of the city with a ton of land.

we still keep in touch with them, this time we bring the beer over

Old 11-05-2010, 12:08 AM
razorback84
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My neighbor hate me... not so much for the bike as I roll it onto the street before I start it at 5-530 in the morning, but for working on my Jeep with power tools. I'm the youngest in our condo complex by 15-20 years. But we don't play load music and or dogs are good.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:46 AM
jackstrr
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

live in a seniors park. mouse quiet except my WG, the 74 YO neighbor with a 96 glide trike conversion, and the 64 YO a couple houses down with a sportster.

Quick Reply: I have great neighbors