General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOA's Kurt Sutter's View on 3PP Gear

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 07:17 PM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SOA's Kurt Sutter's View on 3PP Gear

http://sutterink.blogspot.com/2009/0...o-exploit.html

Creater of SOA has a very good take on gear that has 3PP or the Bottom rocker. None of the official gear is sold in 3PP styles. like in the link below.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/2041342656.html

Old 11-04-2010, 07:32 PM
greglal
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs Up to Sutter

Old 11-04-2010, 07:36 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

good for him !

Old 11-04-2010, 07:50 PM
nexeradg
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty harsh words considering 99% of his viewer base falls in the category he's bashing. As far as a tradition/respect issue I can understand, but getting your head bashed in for wearing a patch from a TV show!?!? He's just upset he's not gettin any of that merchandising profit.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:03 PM
KING'S RIDE
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

some people don't understand that the term outlaw isn't just an old west cowboy. these guys will kick your ***, steal your bike, and all in front of a bunch of people. can't understand why anyone would think a 3pp is ok to wear if it hasn't been earned.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:19 PM
jwlehman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just like guys wearing a piece of military clothing without having earned the stripes on the sleeves, etc....but you don't see military personnel beating the **** of someone when they see it.

Just another indicator of the fear expressed in posts when even the mention of club colors comes up....if you wear colors they are going to beat your *** and steal your bike. Really rings of earned respect and honor huh?

Old 11-04-2010, 08:44 PM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nexeradg
Pretty harsh words considering 99% of his viewer base falls in the category he's bashing. As far as a tradition/respect issue I can understand, but getting your head bashed in for wearing a patch from a TV show!?!? He's just upset he's not gettin any of that merchandising profit.
I think he is more bashing the people that are stealing his trademark and selling them on ebay. He is stating that it is not official gear.

Although he does state that said people who buy this gear will get the brunt of the penalty

Old 11-04-2010, 09:11 PM
06Fatboy_CT
Tourer

Originally Posted by KING'S RIDE
some people don't understand that the term outlaw isn't just an old west cowboy. these guys will kick your ***, steal your bike, and all in front of a bunch of people. can't understand why anyone would think a 3pp is ok to wear if it hasn't been earned.
A lady I work with dated some douche. She lived right near a local HA clubhouse. The douche had a "I support Hells Angels" sticker on his bike. Well, one night they took his bike, since he supports them hah.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:46 PM
icewater103
Road Captain

It is kind of wild how knock offs pop up overnight. I've watched the show a few times and don't have anything against it other than not enough skin or bike stuff to keep me entertained. It looks alright but I wouldn't wear that stuff . I have a problem with the whole simulated club, simulated chapter, simulated patch, simulated badass thing I guess.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:03 PM
KING'S RIDE
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jwlehman
Just like guys wearing a piece of military clothing without having earned the stripes on the sleeves, etc....but you don't see military personnel beating the **** of someone when they see it.
Really, maybe where your at, but the jar heads I know are some of the harderst partiers I have ever met. to them a fight for no reason is fun and games. let alone the disrespect of someone bashing the military or trying to knock it in any way.

Quick Reply: SOA's Kurt Sutter's View on 3PP Gear