General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

River Road Boots

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010 | 03:11 PM
MilsurpShooter
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default River Road Boots

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, could of swore I saw a forum for gear reviews and the like but I may have been mistaken.

Anyhow, I've been on the quest for new boots lately. Standard ones I've always worn have given up the ghost (Shifter didn't help much lol) so I've been looking for a decent pair that will function as work and riding boots. I've looked through a bunch of brands and styles, focusing mainly on engineer and lace-up. But hard to find a style I like with the tread I prefer. Love waffle print style, good grip in all conditions. Weight has never been a factor for me so don't much matter in that department.

Anyway, after 3 days of searching I came across a company called River Road. They aren't steel toed like I prefer but at this point I'm willing to bend on that.

http://www.riverroadgear.com/Boots/FieldBoot.html

I've found them for $30 under MSRP but figured I'd look around for reviews and such before I pulled the trigger and bought them (Not a huge fan of buying clothes and shoes online because can't fit and function test them but, willing to give it a shot)

So far, these are a new style and reviews are scarce, so was wondering if anyone had a pair, or even bought from the company and could point me in the "Buy" or "No Buy" direction.

Appreciated in advance and apologies if I put this thread in the wrong place

Old 11-04-2010 | 08:22 AM
MilsurpShooter
|
Seasoned HDF Member

No one hm? Well guess I'll count that as a mark against lol

Old 11-04-2010 | 01:33 PM
oct1949
Club Member

Ive heard of them, never had any..

Leather up has a good selection at reduced price
http://www.leatherup.com/c/Mens-Moto...ots/2/119.html

My HD boots are great for riding but I don't like walking all day in them..

Old 11-04-2010 | 03:06 PM
Splandman
Tourer

I wear those exact boots. I had the HD boots that have a zipper on one side but the zipper and the lace broke on one of them within 2 days. I may have just got a faulty pair.
I don't really have any complaints about the River Road boots. I do a lot of work in courthouses and ride my bike often to where I work and then stand all day and them, no complaints.

Old 11-04-2010 | 03:47 PM
MilsurpShooter
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Appreciate it very much guys. Probably gonna pick up a pair tomorrow. Boots I have now, sole just completely separated on me down in the loading dock lol. Had to rubber cement them back together mid delivery. Never gonna buy these ones again

Old 11-04-2010 | 05:09 PM
Stranger
Advanced

I second taking a look at www.leatherup.com. Seems like they have some good prices on some decent products.