General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

24 Degrees F.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010 | 09:03 AM
simpkinst
|
Road Warrior
Default 24 Degrees F.

When I left for work this morning in Northeast Ohio. What is the wind chill at 65 MPH at 24 degrees?

Answer: Butt-*** Cold.

I'm thinking those heated grips may not be such a bad idea after all.

Good news its supposed to get up to 53 degrees for the ride home. That will feel like a tropical heat wave.

Not too many nice afternoons left here in Ohio - figured I needed to get a few in before it starts snowing.

Old 11-03-2010 | 09:16 AM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member

I got not problem taking my Grand Cherokee on days like that (this). It was close to that this morning in Baltimore.

Old 11-03-2010 | 09:39 AM
sunrise rider
Cruiser

I also rode this morning, I'm in the columbus area and it was 31 degrees. I had all my leathers, my face mask and my googles. This was at 5:00 am. Good part is no traffic so I was hauling butt up the freeway at 70 mph.

Old 11-03-2010 | 09:40 AM
SloChicken
Road Master

woke up to 64 degrees here on the coast in San Diego,
Do you think I should carry my flip flops to the boat today? or will it be too hot and may get a sunburn. High of 88 degrees on the coast today.
Rode home last night after dinner and had to put on my hoodie, it got down to 62 degrees.
LOL

Old 11-03-2010 | 09:50 AM
swampfox_csa
Tourer

Originally Posted by SloChicken
Do you think I should carry my flip flops to the boat today? or will it be too hot and may get a sunburn. High of 88 degrees on the coast today.
Rode home last night after dinner and had to put on my hoodie, it got down to 62 degrees.
LOL
SC, a collective "eat me" from those in the north country.

It was 29F in Toronto this a.m. Didn't ride this morning more because it was both pitch dark and cold than just because it was just cold. It always feels colder to me without the sun, even when the temp is exactly the same. DST ends this weekend, so hoping for some warmer days and earlier sunrises next week. Yeah, the riding days are running down, along with the temps.

Old 11-03-2010 | 09:53 AM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SloChicken
LOL
SCREW YOU!

Just kiddin, but seriously, go F yourself.

ok, but really.. haha. One of my good friends just moved out to San Diego. Quit his job. Found an apartment on Craigslist. Drove cross country. Just picked up and moved. I told him to find me a job out there once he's up and running and I'd move out there. I'd love to live somewhere where i can ride year round.

Old 11-03-2010 | 09:58 AM
TxCowboy
Road Captain

Winter has arrived early here in South Texas. I rode yesterday a.m. and had to ride in full leathers (which reminded me that I don't have a pair of winter riding gloves).

It was in the high 40s to low 50s not counting the wind chill factor on the interstate.

Froze my azz off.

Old 11-03-2010 | 10:02 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member

I've pretty much put my bike away till next spring. I've rode in temps as low as 22 in the spring, I don't know why but in the fall it seems much colder and the temps have been in the upper 20's. Just getting old I guess.

Old 11-03-2010 | 10:18 AM
simpkinst
|
Road Warrior

note to self:
Buy Winter Gloves.
Buy chaps or some sort of insulated pants.
Start looking at job postings down south (sorry - too many libs in Cal. for me)
Abduct SloChicken and force him to spend an entire winter in Cleveland.

Old 11-03-2010 | 10:38 AM
SloChicken
Road Master

Originally Posted by simpkinst
note to self:
Buy Winter Gloves.
Buy chaps or some sort of insulated pants.
Start looking at job postings down south (sorry - too many libs in Cal. for me)
Abduct SloChicken and force him to spend an entire winter in Cleveland.
LOL, I went to high school and College in Colorado, worked on a ski patrol for 7 years, I know cold - mandatory cold.
I still have a place in Wyoming (of course I rent it out for about 250 days a year). I know what it is like brutha!
But, I am born and raised here. The cold is fun, but it is hard for me to find ways to stay active. I suck at hockey, and I have been surfing and sailing most of my life. So, I guess I am stuck here.
That said, I really miss the cold. Just not the bloody noses from shoveling the driveway, smacking on my **** at least once a season slipping on the ice, or the frozen door handles, or the car filled up with snow when u leave your window open a whole inch, or ...
Wait a minute. I don't miss that.
I do miss getting to prep the **** out of my stuff in my garage/man cave with a good drink, some tunes, and some good friends over to help, give advice, chastise, and "help" ...
The thing is, I am always too busy riding it or using my other stuff. LOL

U all are welcome out for a visit (just not all at once), never mind us libs, it is still a great place if u know how to avoid the crowds.

in 1 hr u can go from surfing to the snow, 75 degrees and sunny, to snow and pine trees. 1 hr more and you are at the desert (I don't know why the hell anyone would want to be there, but then again people go to the moon ...).
Not too shabby.
Have a great winter guys, wherever you are!

Last edited by SloChicken; 11-03-2010 at 10:42 AM.

Quick Reply: 24 Degrees F.