General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I tried, but the wife won't let me park the Deluxe in the living room this winter :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 06:09 AM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Winter in SE Lousisiana isn't much of a problem. However, hurricanes can be scary, and my wife has more than once advised me to bring the Harley into the house until a storm has passed... Guess I'll keep her (the wife, that is).

Old 11-03-2010, 06:38 AM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

A Harley would just not look right in that environment. Scrap all that nice furniture and pick up some used stuff at Good Will. Put up some Dave Mann pictures, throw some squashed beer cans around the floor, a few empty Beam bottles here and there, a big girly calendar and some Easy Rider magazines scattered around. Now you've got a place worthy of a Harley and who knows, maybe the OL will join in and start wearing skimpy leather stuff.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:41 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a sheet of diamond plate aluminum and park it on that wall if that's where you want it!

I prefer cars out on the driveway. Garage is for my HD theme table & chairs, tools, flat screen, beer fridge, coffee pot and bikes! I like it being in the man cave more then the living room but to each their own.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:10 AM
Dale_K
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an XR1000 in the living room for a while. I think there were a couple of Triumphs too. Different house now and I have plenty of room for the new Road King but it won't fit through the door.

Any yes, I'm single - how did you guess?

Old 11-03-2010, 12:21 PM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've always parked mine in the Rec Room, whether it was at the apartment or even now at the house I own. The Ex-wife hated me even getting the bike, but the GF (of 3 years now)....likes the smell of a good burnout in the basement every once in a while during winter/hunting season.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:21 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

What's a living room ?

[..likes the smell of a good burnout in the basement every once in a while]
You know you have hit the jackpot with a woman when she walks in the bedroom wearing CFM heels & leather Lingerie holding a handful of condoms and tosses you a pair of hearing protectors and some nose plugs , ask what the last 2 are for and she tells you some men don't like the smell of burning rubber and a woman screaming .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 11-03-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:29 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,267 Likes on 1,311 Posts

Originally Posted by Foodog
A Harley would just not look right in that environment. Scrap all that nice furniture and pick up some used stuff at Good Will. Put up some Dave Mann pictures, throw some squashed beer cans around the floor, a few empty Beam bottles here and there, a big girly calendar and some Easy Rider magazines scattered around. Now you've got a place worthy of a Harley and who knows, maybe the OL will join in and start wearing skimpy leather stuff.
Now here's a guy with the right idea. But before you start looking for beer cans and "Beaver Hunt" magazines to throw down around your scooter, you have a little work to do if you are going to retain your man card. The "interior design" thing didn't help you, either.

"Wife won't let me do x". You have a serious female problem when you make a statement like that. It's lucky for you I read this thread because I'm about to pass on a little advice that was frequently given out by the mechanics I used to work with. These guys were always right about matters involving women and machinery too and never joked around about it.

All you need to do is throw that little hen of yours down on the bed and give her a good old fashioned horse f*@#ing and I guarantee that from that point on she will have a whole new outlook on life. She is going to wheel that bike in the living room for you and will give you a lap dance on it too, if you want one. Those mechanics knew their stuff.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:23 PM
RoddHarley
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Blk/Wht Deluxe would match perfectly with the black furniture and the white sofa! LOL

Last edited by RoddHarley; 11-03-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:30 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

what is wrong with her, and you????????

Old 11-03-2010, 04:12 PM
ZZZCICI
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was younger - er, and dumb -er, I had my new 1974 sporty about a year when a friend and I rented an apartment on the lower level.. Not wanting to park my 1 yr. old scooter around back of the complex where I could not see it, I pushed it into the apartment, where it fit in pretty good.

All was well and no one was the wiser,
Untill
One night after too many barleypops I thought it a good idea to kick it over...
and rev it a few times.
I don't know what time it was when the manager delivered the letter to our door but it, .. amongst other things said, "NO MOTORCYCLES IN THE APARTMENT".
I had to park outside for a few weeks before sneaking it back inside but never pulled that stunt again.

Quick Reply: I tried, but the wife won't let me park the Deluxe in the living room this winter :(