General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I tried, but the wife won't let me park the Deluxe in the living room this winter :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 12:16 PM
merkinman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Instead of watching the tube... You could watch Deluxe

Old 11-02-2010, 12:17 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Boy times have changed , was a time you didn't ask the wife she came from work and the bike was there . Wives don't know how good the new ones are they don't need a diaper and smell like baked 60wt all winter jeez .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 11-02-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:19 PM
TxCowboy
Road Captain

Put me into the "bike goes into the garage" column. I'd never put anything with gasoline and oil inside my house. Besides, it looks better in the garage.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:20 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
The sofa table is on the other wall now...it would go in front of the return vents...

Now I REALLY don't get it! You have that light and dark contrasting color scheme in your home. The Deluxe is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT with this decor. Move that half round table in front of the vents to another location, mount a large, rectangular mirror on that same wall, and park the Deluxe right there. This way, all will be able to see both sides of that BEAUTIFUL bike! Please don't forget to tell the wife that I said it was OK.

Incidentally, your Deluxe is so beautiful it hurts to look at it. I never insult people with Harley clones. But what are they clones of, I ask. They are most CERTAINLY NOT clones of that scoot of yours, that is for sure!

Old 11-02-2010, 12:25 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I own my house. I can do what I wish. You may joint own your house. Complicates the issue. I would get a new wife myself but unless you own your house by yourself---same issue might come up again. I am always ready to miss a woman when it comes to being told what I can or can't do.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:29 PM
jarhead59
Tourer

As I have posted on another thread, I have actually parked my bike in the livinroom in the past. I didn't ask I just did it, now that particular ol lady is an ex. My current wife is the daughter of a 1%er so she would have no problem with it, she just helped me clean out the basement the other day so the bike could rest comfortably for the winter. now that you have 600 on it you are probably more in love with it than the wife, park it where that table is and tell her she has a choice to make.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:37 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL! I have kept my bike in the kitchen since new! The day they delivered it we had 4" of snow on the ground and when the guy asked where it was going, I told him inside. He laughed and said he should've known! The best is the gf's friends faces when they see exactly what she means when she says I have about $20k in the kitchen! The rear deck in my sig pic is about 15ft above ground and right off my kitchen.

Last edited by red devil; 11-02-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:38 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,034 Likes on 773 Posts

If I still had a wife I know she'd let me put it anywhere it would fit (the bike, that is).
There is a practical side to this, as someone noted- having gas and oil inside the house is not a great idea. When we lived in Philly I used to keep the bike in the kitchen until there was a fire at the front. Luckily the bike was unharmed but the firefighters were not real happy with me.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't think of that....I wonder if its technically illegal to do it? Hmmmmmmm.....

Old 11-02-2010, 12:49 PM
dortiz
Road Captain

I like having reasons to go out to the garage. A couple of beers and a can o pledge and i have good reason to be out there for a couple of hours.

Quick Reply: I tried, but the wife won't let me park the Deluxe in the living room this winter :(