Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question About Leatherup.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 10:46 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
My experience is that they have fantastic customer service and cheap imported leather goods. I have ordered a bunch of things from them and Jafrum. Most of the stuff looks decent but doesn't really last very long. I would bet their chaps are pretty thin.
+1 both of these are good
Originally Posted by vtwin1340
You get exactly what you pay for.
I bought my leather jacket form Jafrum, no complaints with it, good heavy weight jack, worn everyday during the winter (when the temp is below 50, the jacket is on), been wearing it for three years still looks like new. ordered several items from leather up, vest, gloves, helmets and such all great items with no complaints, sometimes you can over pay for what you as well.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:51 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

I heard there stuff is made from Buffalo hide not cow leather.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:13 PM
TxCowboy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've ordered a ton of stuff from Leatherup.com. As a general rule, it's pretty good stuff at a reasonable price. I've used my discount number for 10% off repeatedly with no problem.

Only had one issue with LU and that's their return policy (even when the mistake is on their end).

When I ordered saddlebag guard bags for the left and right sides (two different SKU numbers). One of the items was not marked properly and I ended up with two right side bags. The SKU number showed it was the left side bag but it was exactly the same as the right side bag and, unfortunately, the bags are not interchangeable.

Leatherup works refunds through a credit to the charge card you used (this is normal). But they charged me for the return shipping (about $7) on the mismarked item then charged me another $7 to ship the correct item.

I guess I could have called and raised a little hell about it but I was happy with the products and the overall price so I just let it go.

EDIT: I should add that I think LeatherUp.com is one of the best online leather products sites on the Net. I use them almost exclusively for my leather purchases. The one time I went to another online store was because I thought I found a good deal on HD Logger riding boots. Paid about $130 for them. The boots I bought from this other site leeched black boot dye all over my hands, socks, and jeans and the freakin' boots have never been used in the rain. Can you imagine what a mess I would have if I actually did? And the company refused to accept a return.

Go with LeatherUp for your leather products!

Last edited by TxCowboy; 11-02-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

I bought a pair of Engineer boots from them. Best pair of boots and price I found in a long time. They are more that a year old and I wear them every single day. Still look great and they are comfortable. I'm sold.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:07 PM
LCisnero
Novice

I have purchased three items from them over the past 5 -- 6 years. Insulated gauntlets, leather jacket with liner and a vest. all perfect. sizing was just right. The price was very fair--much lower than other sources. I suppose they made less profit than the "you get what you pay for" mentality.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:24 PM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I purchased a Classic style leather jacket, a vest and the wife a vest. I was very pleased with price to quality ratio. They are not the quality of $300.00+ jackets, but I think you get a lot more for your dollar at leather up. Read the reviews and size accordingly, sizes do run small. I will be purchasing from them again.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:06 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorado Mac
I have their buffalo leather vest, which is really a jacket with no sleeves. See link:

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Leat...est/96931.html

Very good quality leather, thick and heavy but also soft. Quality of the jacket appears to be good although I am not sure the snap buttons are top quality. Overall, a very nice vest for the price. I wear it with just a t-shirt in the summer and with a hoodie when it is a little cooler. Sizing is stupid. I am normally an XL in jackets and I had to return a 2XL for a 3XL!
Good to hear how nice this vest is...it is the one I have been eyeing up too. Looks just like the Lil Joes SOA vest, but for a sixth the cost. I'm gonna go ahead and order it.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:31 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer

I have that vest as well. Keep in mind that the waist tapers slightly from the chest. I bought a 2XL (I normally wear an XL) and it fits perfectly. I have a 38" waist and wear a 46 suit jacket. Keep in mind it tapers to fit around your waist. I'm 5'10, 210lbs. Make sure you order it a size larger than your normal t shirt size, and if you have a belly, you might need to go up 2 sizes. The leather is pretty good (not as good as a "high quality" vest, and the liner material is pretty heavy duty feeling - ie not really soft, you can hear it when you ruffle it, if that makes any sense... However, despite its shortfalls, it is worth twice what you'll pay for it. I really like the look, it fits well, and its definitely a good buy. I have a Legendary Leather vest that I paid $170 for, and it definitely isn't in the same league as that (the legendary leather vest has better leather and a nicer liner) , but it also isn't in the same league price wise either. If I had to do it all over again, I probably would have bought the leatherup vest only - it's that nice! You won't be disappointed!

Old 11-03-2010, 10:35 AM
tacoma5432
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone for the input. Now i guess its time to spend some money that I don't have.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:19 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tacoma5432
Thanks everyone for the input. Now i guess its time to spend some money that I don't have.
Yep! Our government says you should so as to fix the economy!

He He....couldn't resist

Actually I was looking at that vest too, I like it, thinkin' bout snaggin one for myself.

Quick Reply: Question About Leatherup.com