Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question About Leatherup.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 11:24 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You will be very pleasantly suprised at the quality of LeatherUp products. I have purchased two jackets, leather overpants, gloves, boots and 5 Outlaw half-helmets and everything is top notch.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:31 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I guess I'm a sucker then...........................
Old Skool brown leather motorcycle jacket, chaps (to match), gauntlet gloves (to match)
Huge sissy-bar bag, and a nice pair of tan swede with fringe chaps for my next female passenger (after bedroom fitting and demo).

Old 11-01-2010, 11:33 PM
DZLDR
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my leather overpants and 2 outlaw half helmets from leather up. No complaints. Good stuff, cheap price.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:35 PM
vtwin1340
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You get exactly what you pay for.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought new leathers for this coming winter last month. I got the vintage distressed brown jacket, matching chaps, gauntlet gloves and brown harness boots. For the price paid, they are all excellent products. The jacket is very heavy and weighs 7 pounds. The chaps are nice and heavy. Had to return the gloves for a size up since the fingers were extremely thin. Order at least 2 sizes bigger for the jacket. For the chaps, measure your thighs and order whatever size to fit them. Order a size bigger on the gloves. So, for less than $300 I got jacket, chaps, gloves and boots.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:49 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer

Just got a leather vest - ordered 1 size larger than I wear, and it fits perfect. If you're an average build, order 1 size up, if on the heavy side, order 2 sizes up. Paid only $50 including shipping, couldnt be happier. The leather is not as high quality as Fox Creek, but at 1/3 the price, it's better than I expected. I'll buy more from them again. Their stuff is trim fitting - ie, if you have a belly, you need to account for that in your sizing....

Old 11-02-2010, 07:12 AM
1hellbent
Road Captain

I purchased 2 leather jackets, a classic biker and a cool rider. The only thing ro be aware is that some of the men's jacket sizes run a little on the small size. When you find the one you want, read the customer reviews, you will find out there whether you need to go up one size or not. Both jackets I bought were known to be on the small side, everyone recommended going up one size for a good fit. I did and they both were a perfect fit in the chest. My wife also bought a jacket but hers was true to size on the fitment.

As far as the quality, I am very pleased with mine. I had to have both of them altered. Unless it’s a t-shirt, I have to have most shirts and jackets altered. I took them to a tailor in Santa Ana and he shortened the sleeves and took in the waist. I told him what I paid for the jackets and he couldn’t believe it, he said that they were quite well made, descent leather and good stitching. He said they will last a very long time.

As far as the customer service, I’m pretty impressed. Each product comes with a return form incase it doesn’t fit right or if you just plain don’t like it. I bought all 3 at different times and each time they landed on the doorstep within a few days of ordering. Next on my list are a couple of vests and some gloves, I will definitely go back to them.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Safe Sax
Cruiser

I purchased a coat and found it to be of good quality. Shipping was fast.
Make sure you order a size or 2 larger than normal.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:13 AM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

I have bought several items from them & will continue to do business with them. My chaps have 30K miles on them with no signs of wear...

Old 11-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Colorado Mac
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 359 Likes on 276 Posts

This damn thread! I have bought there in the past and after reading this thread, I went and looked at the Leatherup site. And, I wind up finding an armored classic leather biker jacket for $120! So, I am now $120 poorer, but waiting for the delivery truck! Ordered a 3XL and I am normally an XL.

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...ket/56654.html

Quick Reply: Question About Leatherup.com