Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question About Leatherup.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 08:35 PM
shakerharley
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

The wife bought a pair of chaps at a ridiculous price. I thought they would be cheap leather but they turned out to be high quality. I would recommend them.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:36 PM
mikebehr00
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought both jacket and chaps from leatherup and the quality seems pretty good. Pay attention to there feedback on sizing and you should be able to get fitted. The leather is plenty heavy, nothing cheap about it. Zippers seem OK. I'll probably order from them again.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:38 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,370 Likes on 5,023 Posts

Good stuff Maynard

Old 11-01-2010, 08:52 PM
jlfabian
Tourer

I bought a naked leather jacket from Leatherup.com. The quality is good as the jacket is heavy weight and the leather is thick which is what I wanted. There were no defects of any kind and the fit is as described - order one to two sizes up, at least on jackets. I have no complaints other than it took a couple of days longer to ship/arrive than I expected.

The jacket is exactly as described and overall I am pleased with the purchase. I am considering adding the naked leather chaps but as others have said, and I agree, the sizing charts are a bit strange. I'll do some more research before purchasing, but I would not hesitate to place the order once I've decided. Their products may not equate to Fox Creek, Vanson, or Schott, but for the price, I think Leatherup offers a good deal. Of course, I have not purchased any of those products though I might.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:56 PM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member

Leather jacket...has held up very well, even surviving a crash. Winter gauntlet gloves, sturdy, fit well; jacket is 2 sizes up from what I normally wear, though. Tourmaster textile jacket, right fit and great price. All received quickly. I highly recommend them.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:58 PM
lkohan7373
Cruiser

I have had good experiences. I purchased a set of chaps and also a pair of boots. No issues with either. I will say their sizing is a little small. I bought a leather coat but I ended up returning because of sizing issues.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Blackheat
Tourer

I've brought a few things from them but there things run on the small size, but you will not have any problems with returning anything. Not bad stuff but not at the top either. My son is still growing so when I buy him biker stuff I get it from there. I don't have any complaints I think they are middle of the road.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:20 PM
BrentsterS
Tourer

I purchased a jacket from them. Initially impressed with weight and quality. However, the seams came unstitched and had issues with the zippers after 1.5 years.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Colorado Mac
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 359 Likes on 276 Posts

I have their buffalo leather vest, which is really a jacket with no sleeves. See link:

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Leat...est/96931.html

Very good quality leather, thick and heavy but also soft. Quality of the jacket appears to be good although I am not sure the snap buttons are top quality. Overall, a very nice vest for the price. I wear it with just a t-shirt in the summer and with a hoodie when it is a little cooler. Sizing is stupid. I am normally an XL in jackets and I had to return a 2XL for a 3XL!

Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pakistani laborers don't know inches from centimeters...

But I too have made a couple of purchases. A brown bufalo leather vest, and a cheap helmet for the wife. Both were good for the price, although the vest did have one gromet which came out. Nothing that a mickey mouse hammer and kitchen counter couldn't handle. For the money I paid, I wouldn't have expected more...

Quick Reply: Question About Leatherup.com