General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best helmet locks? Who has a solution?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 03:01 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Best helmet locks? Who has a solution?

Look, here is mine:

Regards.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:04 AM
FXDWG3
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: tater2stock

Here is another option I have been looking at

http://www.boltlockcorp.com/

I bought a chrome one of these Boltlock's with the additional cable. The short one works for the helmet only and the long one I run through the sleeve or sleeves of my leather jacket. There are two points to insert the cables, so I use both when I lock the helmet and the jacket.

It comes in two pieces and you can leave just the receptical if you want. I leave the lock in place all the time. I mounted mine on the cross strap below the steering head and above the regulator on my Dyna Wide Glide.

Old 09-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: FXDWG3

I bought a chrome one of these Boltlock's with the additional cable. The short one works for the helmet only and the long one I run through the sleeve or sleeves of my leather jacket. There are two points to insert the cables, so I use both when I lock the helmet and the jacket.

It comes in two pieces and you can leave just the receptical if you want. I leave the lock in place all the time. I mounted mine on the cross strap below the steering head and above the regulator on my Dyna Wide Glide.
Could have used that on the trip....think I'll show Hubby he was looking for something like that when we left. I lock mine through the d-rings with a padlock to my backrest when I really need to....most of the time I just leave it on the handlebars or hanging off my highway pegs. no problems yet.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

Could have used that on the trip....think I'll show Hubby he was looking for something like that when we left. I lock mine through the d-rings with a padlock to my backrest when I really need to....most of the time I just leave it on the handlebars or hanging off my highway pegs. no problems yet.

BlueRose,

When you get the standoffs for the padlocks on yor bags you can slip the padlock through the d-ring on your helmet.
I have done that when i was more concerned with someone just walking off with it.

You can get the right padlocks at HomeDepot for about $5. Master Lock brand.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:28 PM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

I put mine in the tour pak and just turn the key

Old 09-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

BlueRose,

When you get the standoffs for the padlocks on yor bags you can slip the padlock through the d-ring on your helmet.
I have done that when i was more concerned with someone just walking off with it.

You can get the right padlocks at HomeDepot for about $5. Master Lock brand.

That's true....I still have to box up the bags....I'm still recooperating from my trip so far al I did was empty them and clean the windshield since I've been back.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Hiram
Road Captain

Check these. I haven't bought mine yet but I plan to. For those times the tour pak is full.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3509

Old 09-21-2006, 12:59 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I was at bike nite a few weeks back and over 1000 bikers showed up. Nobody locked any helmets just hung them on the handlebars or set on the seat etc. Some guy's wife asked this really big guy parked next to me.."aren't you worried someone will take your helmet?". The guy stopped for a minute and said......."Lady, if they aren't worried about me catchin em and kicking their *** off the planet...I'm not worried about givin em a chance". I had to LMAO........

Is that the solution??

Old 09-21-2006, 01:05 AM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member

LOL![sm=funnypostabove.gif] I use to worry about that all the time! now I can give 2 S@#t's! my cheapest helmet is $185.00 and i aint lost 1 yet!!

Old 09-21-2006, 04:52 PM
fxstcguy98
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This one was on my bike when I bought it (I don't wear a helmet 99% of the time). I'm pretty sure you can get one at the HD dealer. It's on the lower swingarm tube.
Name:  s100_1412.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  84.0 KB

Quick Reply: Best helmet locks? Who has a solution?