General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J.D. Power survey

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 05:05 PM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default J.D. Power survey

Don't know why, but I just received a JD Power 8 page survey in the mail. They want to know about my bike and how satisfied I am with it. I'm foaming at the mouth. I can't wait to tell them about everything thats wrong and all of the jagoffs at the Moco that refuse to help me to get it to run right. They even ask about "warranty". I'm laughing my *** off; what warranty!" Yea it has one, but the Moco keeps tellin me everything is "normal" I'm lovin this, I'm even sending a copy to the Moco! Lets see -- runs hot-normal, pipes glow at night-normal, pulls to the left-normal, clutch chatter-normal, engine knock/rattle when cold-normal, pinging because of runing lean-normal, rear fender scratched because of a defective seat-cant see it so not covered.
Yea baby!!
Gary D.

Old 09-19-2006, 05:11 PM
redscout
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: J.D. Power survey

Don't sugar-coat it... How do you really feel?

Old 09-19-2006, 05:11 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hammer 'em. HD cannot be allowed to fall back into the AMF crap bike period when all that mattered was a cheap-*** putt. HD charges the most (or did b4 Vic) and therefore MUST put a better product out. Tavel back down the path of crap and they can do it w/o me.

Old 09-19-2006, 05:39 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

please dont get me wrong .but here awhile back on this site i brought up about the bugs that some of bikes have . and some people thought i was crazy. it's to bad you are haveing all this stuff . and i hope you get it taken care of alot of times it's more the dealer than the moco.you might want to check another dealer then come down on the other. good luck.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:33 PM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

One by one I am either fixing them myself or having an independent mechanic handle it.
I shouldn't have to. That's what a warranty is for.
When I call the Moco they just refuse to deal with any of it.
I know this survey probably means nothing, but at least I can get a little bit of self-satisfaction by sending it off with all of my problems listed and how they were just shrugged off by the Moco.
I'm as happy as a sissy in Boys Town!!
Gary D.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:58 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The people that answer the phones at MOCO's customer service department know nothing and I mean nothing about our bikes, let alone what is 'normal' or 'not normal' with the way they should run. What they can do is put some heat on the dealer to make your bike right...after that all bets are off.

For the record, I've had some issues with my '06 SG but my dealer has made no excuses for the bike and has corrected all of my problems/concerns successfully.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:24 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

J.D. POWER....Believe me....just a big, lyin', POS, quality propaganda purveyuor, that only cater to companies that cater to them....with cash$$$$! They don't have to build quality and customer satisfaction.....they buy it directly from....JD.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:24 PM
drod
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

PLEASE, PLEASE send me a survey! OH PLEASE!

Old 09-19-2006, 07:30 PM
ENZOTHEBAKER
Tourer

Those surveys do mean something and the more we voice ourselves the quicker they will listen or be forced to listen. J.D. Power? I wish I had that survey sent my way, I would love to tell them how HD is conducting business on all ends of the spectrum. When I bought my bike 14 moths ago, I got a survey from HD about my dealer. I do some other business with my dealer so I have contact with pesonell and all of them say that they sweat that survey. I kinda get the idea that their kickback program works in relation to their survey score. I know it is unrelated to the J.D. Power survey but those things do matter, so voice away.

Old 09-20-2006, 02:46 PM
flstfjeff
Tourer

My company,and my job are JD Power based.When we get a bad survey,your a** better get hopping around here.Headquarters,division president,dept.manager all crapp their pants when it comes to those survey's.Fill them out,they do matter,by the way,any coaching,or interferance toward the customer is a clear violation,and their are extreme repercussions.

Quick Reply: J.D. Power survey