General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone buy an airhorn from MetalArts Inc.?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 11:25 PM
karjar
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone buy an airhorn from MetalArts Inc.?

I purchased, and paid for the small trumpet air horn, from Les at Metal Arts on July 6th. To this date I still do not have it, nor a refund. I know they moved their shop and have been busy, I have had 3 promises of getting me the tracking number, but then I never get one to indicate it is shipped.

Has anyone here bought from this vendor lately, and if so, have you received your horn?

Seems like Les is a good guy, and love the special canine carrier he has for his dog Annie on his bike, but still, not getting what I ordered and having several promises is getting a little old!!.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:42 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought one of their horns, but off of ebay. I had to send a message through ebay about the late shipment.
I bought one of their eagle throttle buddy's for a friend and had to contest it on paypal for them to ship it.

Good products, but they seem to drag their feet actually sending out the items you paid for.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:20 AM
PowerFactor
Road Master

It's too bad, too, because I really liked the look of their air horns; but, because of reading posts like the one above, I ordered from a different vendor.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:34 AM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got my Stebel Nautilus from Amazon.com, shipped fast and a good price.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:26 PM
karjar
Advanced

I liked the trumpet horns as well, and could have used it to maybe miss the accident that left my wife with a fractured vertebrae, but had I known then, I would not have ordered. Of course it is after 45 days, so paypal won't do a dispute or claim. Teach me for being patient and nice..

presently I don't have a bike to put it on, but still, either send the horn, or return the money

Old 03-28-2011, 11:15 AM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ordered a dip stick from this guy from Metal arts. Doesnt respond to email, phones calls. I feel i got hosed....Ordered on 3/17/11 not a word since then...

Old 03-28-2011, 11:23 AM
mountainpharm
Road Captain

This is what I posted on a similar thread about two weeks ago:

If I recall, about 3 years ago some Metal Arts employees were caught posting as "satisfied customers" here at HDF. They had a profile called metalarts which represented the company and then fake profiles posing as customers. I believe the metalarts profile got banned. In my opinion, if you have to manufacture positive reviews of your product, your product must not be very good to begin with.

Here is one of the threads. And another. The fake user was moneymaker.

That said, a few members here have been pleased with their purchases from them.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:27 AM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dear metal arts,

send me my %$#@%# oil plug damnit!!

Thanks,

jc

Old 04-02-2011, 07:43 PM
DeluxeHog05
Cruiser

It's too bad people are having a bad experience with these guys. The horns look awesome and I liked the "plug and play".....but I think after reading this post as well as others that I will take my business elsewhere.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Yes, there have been a few who've been satisfied with their purchase from MetalArts...but based on the number of threads here about problems with the company I think those who are wholly unsatisfied far outnumber those who are pleased. Personally, I like the looks of their horns but I've reached the conclusion that buying from them is a crap-shoot about when one would hear from them, when the item will be shipped...or the quality of the product.

I've never heard of anyone who didn't finally get their stuff, but its like they just don't care to make the buyer happy. There are enough A+ sponsors here who take good care of forum members that I would recommend buying from them...and let MetalArts figure out what customer service means on their own.

Quick Reply: Anyone buy an airhorn from MetalArts Inc.?