General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Registration paperwork holder

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Steeltoe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:Originally Posted by jthom33
The idea behind not keeping it on your bike is, if the bike gets stolen and the thief happens to get pulled over before you report ur ride stolen, he has the reg/ins and a quick, "its a friends ride, look he gave me the reg" and he is on his way. If there is no paperwork for the bike, the copper should look a little more into. Not guaranteed but......
Originally Posted by TurkeyRun
I suppose that is good point....

+1 on that...
Glad I live in TX, all I need is my ins card and it tucks my wallet right behind my DL

Old 11-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Pagan48
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I lived in Ohio the HD Dealer in New Castle, PA was passing these out for free. Top screws off and has a rubber washer that seals out any moisture. Great for holding registration/insurance etc. Fits most anywere.

Registration paperwork holder-004.jpg

Old 11-01-2010, 06:49 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 21,516 Likes on 8,456 Posts

Originally Posted by murphyclan
I got one of these from a HD store: Document holder 94206-03
http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com...ent-Holder.htm
$9.49 ??? Holy Cow!! I use a fishing license holder, .99 cents !!

Old 11-01-2010, 07:48 PM
togfish
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by obonaventure
I keep my Reg and Ins cards in my wallet. Last summer my daughter (who just turned 9 this month) made me a document holder for my bike. I keep a few bucks in it as well as a few other little things.
We have a WINNER!!

Old 11-01-2010, 07:56 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Interesting thread as I was just pondering this issue myself just yesterday. I have several vehicles and find it much more convenient to carry the insurance info on/in each one.

I was thinking of either using one of these doo-hickys (which I found at REI) http://www.seattlesportsco.com/produ...2&idcategory=0 and just taping/velcroing it inside the saddlebag lid or underside of the seat pan. I was also thinking of going the zip-loc route, but like another poster, was thinking it would get gnarly pretty easily so I don't mind spending a bit more for a more permanent solution.

For those of you concerned about the would-be thief having your ins/registration, taping it to the underside of the seat pan would probably solve that issue as it's doubtful anyone would look there. Getting to documents under the seat could be a pain for certain bike models, but on some bikes, it's pretty easy to get the seat off w/o much fan-fare (and tools). Not to mention, unless you get stopped on a frequent basis, how often do you really need to access those documents anyway?

As far as the whole address thing...I've been using a mail center for YEARS and all my mail goes there...so if anyone goes to the address on my insurance card/mail/checks/drivers license, etc...well, they're gonna end up at a shopping center a mile up the street. Not to mention, when I travel, I don't worry about things piling up or getting stolen out of my mailbox. For those of you truly worried about stuff like that...you also might consider storing your "home" address on any navigation/gps devices as something other than, but near your actual address.