General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Registration paperwork holder

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 09:39 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by doghair
Wallet for the bike and cage. I don't need a person stealing either to know the address of where to use the the garage door opener.
I have no room in my wallet. It is full of little slips of paper with all my passwords, gun safe combinations, bank account numbers, ATM codes, code for opening garage door.... If I had to add registration and proof insurance for five vehicles, my wallet would be the size of a basketball.

I understand your concern about someone steeling your car and getting info like address off the registration, but if you drop your wallet, the same info is in there, plus you now have given out the fact that you have motorcycles because the registration was in the wallet (with your address). I take the attitude that if someone wants to get my stuff - they will find a way. I buy insurance and I keep guns close by. I leave the registration on the bikes because it is convenient.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:52 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rh8234
I have no room in my wallet. It is full of little slips of paper with all my passwords, gun safe combinations, bank account numbers, ATM codes, code for opening garage door.... If I had to add registration and proof insurance for five vehicles, my wallet would be the size of a basketball.

I understand your concern about someone steeling your car and getting info like address off the registration, but if you drop your wallet, the same info is in there, plus you now have given out the fact that you have motorcycles because the registration was in the wallet (with your address). I take the attitude that if someone wants to get my stuff - they will find a way. I buy insurance and I keep guns close by. I leave the registration on the bikes because it is convenient.
If you have to keep all of the other information wrote down, why not just store it in your safe and put the combo to it along with your registration in your wallet, I pity you if you can't remember your ATM or garage door code.
I can not drop my wallet, it is attached to me by a 2 foot chain.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveO-ll
Package Packing slip envelopes come to mind for your question, and you can get the resealable style if you want.
I was going to suggest the same thing. You can find these at office supply stores.

I always carry my papers on the bike. If I carried registration and insurance papers for all of my vehicles in my wallet, I'd need a filing cabinet. And besides, if someone wants this stuff, they can have it.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:23 PM
khill1984
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use double sided tape and a ziploc. But i will say the pill bottle is a good idea that i will be trying out

Old 11-01-2010, 01:02 PM
TurkeyRun
Road Warrior

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

I always carry my papers on the bike. If I carried registration and insurance papers for all of my vehicles in my wallet, I'd need a filing cabinet.
that's my issue too

Old 11-01-2010, 01:07 PM
TurkeyRun
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by murphyclan
I got one of these from a HD store: Document holder 94206-03
http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com...ent-Holder.htm
Right idea but, YOWZA! $10?

I think I'll swing by the local Office Depot or Staples and see what I can come up with. The pill bottle seems like a good idea too.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:54 PM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
If you have to keep all of the other information wrote down, why not just store it in your safe and put the combo to it along with your registration in your wallet, I pity you if you can't remember your ATM or garage door code.
I can not drop my wallet, it is attached to me by a 2 foot chain.
I've got three different houses I need garage door codes for. I have passwords and user names for a few dozen sites. My key ring makes me look like a grade school janitor. Wallet is full of credit cards, FOID cards, Jewel Prefered customer cards, Speedway customer cards, Dominics Value cards, Petsmart cards ..... I could go on and on. The crap you need to remember and carry these days is never ending. I miss the good old days when you grab your keys, and go. Life aint that simple anymore. I'll continue carrying my registration in the bike bags. "Just one less thing" as Forest would say!

Old 11-01-2010, 03:34 PM
jthom33
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The idea behind not keeping it on your bike is, if the bike gets stolen and the thief happens to get pulled over before you report ur ride stolen, he has the reg/ins and a quick, "its a friends ride, look he gave me the reg" and he is on his way. If there is no paperwork for the bike, the copper should look a little more into. Not guaranteed but......

Old 11-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by jthom33
The idea behind not keeping it on your bike is, if the bike gets stolen and the thief happens to get pulled over before you report ur ride stolen, he has the reg/ins and a quick, "its a friends ride, look he gave me the reg" and he is on his way. If there is no paperwork for the bike, the copper should look a little more into. Not guaranteed but......
If mine is stolen I hope they never find it, so I can get a 2011!

Old 11-01-2010, 05:58 PM
TurkeyRun
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jthom33
I suppose that is good point....

Quick Reply: Registration paperwork holder