Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Rear Ended By A Texter

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 04:46 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gs34doc
Against a welfare recipient??.......Good Luck!!!!!!
Probably had insurance - that's where the money is.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:53 PM
hansman
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gotta chime in here. Since 2008 it has gotten more dangerous than any time I can remember, in fact I have serious doubts about the safety of the highways anymore on my bike I mostly ride on the backroads because of one reason: People on phones texting, it is completely out of control. Why cant anyone come up with an ignition interlock system on all electronic devices? Seems simple enough. Give it a few more years. The amount of deaths that are attributed to texting while driving will probably triple.
Sad to say but maybe a few lawmakers kids need to get killed for it to become a priority.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:08 PM
icewater103
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry1955
Every time I stop at a light I pray that some ditsy idiot rear ends me while texting destroying my bike and leaving me with just minor injuries. That's the only way I'm gonna get my new Roadglide Ultra the way I see it. By the time I get done suing the stupid (well, you know) I'd be able to afford a new bike and a new house!
Try not to bend the frame because I'd like to have your old bike.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:22 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts
Thumbs up Good point ..

Originally Posted by TheJimer
He said she had insurance. Besides, he should have uninsured/under insured motorist coverage.

Jim
Glad you pointed this one out for others to notice Jim .. In Florida anyway had a hell of a time getting uninsured motorist on my Bike and this was scary with all the Snowbirds and blue hairs that forgot what kind of car they are driving .. Whne I merged my Bikes with my Autos with Allstate problem solved on uninsured motorist and no extra charge ..

Old 11-03-2010, 09:41 PM
rmatt34
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sue her now.. It's the only thing that will change her attitude.

If she has insurance, that's great..if not, she might at least lose here license.
In NH if you get in an accident and get pay for damages (either out of pocket or via insurance) then you will lose your license !!!

As far as texting laws, they don't work ..they make it worse because it becomes even more dangerous when they have to hide the fact that they are texting...

I saw a man die at my feet in a very similar scenario..

He was at the light (going north to south) and I was to his right (going west to east)

A 72 year old man in a big ole grand marquis took a little to much medication and rear ended this guy stopped at a light on his motorcycle. the guy landed at my feet with his head in three pieces (not pretty) ...

I ALWAYS...

1) watch my mirrors when I'm stopped
2) Leave enough room in front of me so that if a car comes up on me I'm not trapped behind the car in front of me..

ALWAYS LEAVE AN ESCAPE ROUTE...AND WATCH YOUR MIRRORS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN !!!

Those cages are trying to kill you...and if you truly look at it that way your chances of survival go WAY up..

Ride Safe...